By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon and Zelda... a week apart? Will BOTW be overshadowed by the new Sony IP.

I will be playing...

Both Horizon: ZD and BOTW. 114 10.18%

Just Horizon. 290 25.89%

Just BOTW. 520 46.43%

I'm going to wait to see... 33 2.95%

BOTW first then Horizon. 120 10.71%

Horizon first then BOTW. 43 3.84%

Total:1,120

new IP on a console with a huge install base
vs
franchise game on a brand new console with little else worth buying at launch

hmm, we'll find out soon enough, though I think it'll depend on if Nintendo artificially simulate high demand by undershipping so stores all sell out sooner, like they have done in the past. after all, low console shipments limits the number of people that can even play.

Around the Network

I will be getting both eventually, but I will be getting BoTW first and ZD later, since Nintendo published games take years to come down in price. And BoTW was bundled with the preorder that I purchased. Cannot wait until the 3rd. Just listened to the back story that was gleaned from the collectors map, that supposed didnt have any story on it.

I want both..can't speak for others but when I saw Zelda(fave franchise) and the switches release date I Immediately thought welp Horizon will have to wait until summer/fall for me as I also planned on getting ME andromeda (my 2nd fav franchise)

irstupid said:
Well, I want to play both. Do not have a ps4 right now, so choice is easy.

But just putting it out there that if I did have a ps4, I would not buy Horizon on release date. Not a college kid anymore, gaming time is limited. So I would wait the week for Zelda and play that. By the time I got done playing Zelda, I would then pick up Horizon in the discount bin and play that.

Even if Zelda wasn't my favorite franchise, that scenario would make more sense to me. I can guarantee that Horizon will be like half price in a few months or sooner. (all triple games are) I can not guarantee that Zelda will be (Nintendo games never seem to discount)

So, seeing how both are seemingly 50+ hour games. To those that are going to have one sitting on their backlog while they play the other. Consider getting Zelda first and thus save money by purchasing Horizon at discount.

Wait I am confused....since you don't have a PS4 the choice is easy. But you don't have the Switch either right? So how is it easy lol.(I get what you meant but just had to mess with you lol ...)

Also just to point it out while I agree Nin games rarely go on sale....you could also save money by waiting until the Switch drops in price and then get it and Zelda and save moneythat way. Also I have a strange feeling there will be a Horizon Bundle when it comes out. More than likely a $299 bundle with the PS4s so you are still saving more money with buying Horizon and the PS4 first than you would getting the $299 Switch and the $60 Zelda because as of now we know there won't be a launch bundle for Zelda and the Swtich(sadly uggghhh).

But that is all guess work and depends on if Sony does a Horizon Bundle.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

This has never crossed my mind.

I guess I just felt that comparing these two are like apples to oranges.

Around the Network

Both are going to sell really really well.

Nothing else to it really.

TheBlackNaruto said:
irstupid said:
Well, I want to play both. Do not have a ps4 right now, so choice is easy.

But just putting it out there that if I did have a ps4, I would not buy Horizon on release date. Not a college kid anymore, gaming time is limited. So I would wait the week for Zelda and play that. By the time I got done playing Zelda, I would then pick up Horizon in the discount bin and play that.

Even if Zelda wasn't my favorite franchise, that scenario would make more sense to me. I can guarantee that Horizon will be like half price in a few months or sooner. (all triple games are) I can not guarantee that Zelda will be (Nintendo games never seem to discount)

So, seeing how both are seemingly 50+ hour games. To those that are going to have one sitting on their backlog while they play the other. Consider getting Zelda first and thus save money by purchasing Horizon at discount.

Wait I am confused....since you don't have a PS4 the choice is easy. But you don't have the Switch either right? So how is it easy lol.(I get what you meant but just had to mess with you lol ...)

Also just to point it out while I agree Nin games rarely go on sale....you could also save money by waiting until the Switch drops in price and then get it and Zelda and save moneythat way. Also I have a strange feeling there will be a Horizon Bundle when it comes out. More than likely a $299 bundle with the PS4s so you are still saving more money with buying Horizon and the PS4 first than you would getting the $299 Switch and the $60 Zelda because as of now we know there won't be a launch bundle for Zelda and the Swtich(sadly uggghhh).

I do own a Wii U

But the comment was mainly for others. If I had all consoles, that is what I would do. I don't have time to play both, so one woudl be on backlog. Who says my backlog has to be sitting on my shelf and can't still be at the store shelf. Thus purchase the one that will not drop in value and once finish that, get the other one which is most likely cheaper at that point.

irstupid said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I do own a Wii U

But the comment was mainly for others. If I had all consoles, that is what I would do. I don't have time to play both, so one woudl be on backlog. Who says my backlog has to be sitting on my shelf and can't still be at the store shelf. Thus purchase the one that will not drop in value and once finish that, get the other one which is most likely cheaper at that point.

Just shows how slow I am...I forgot all about the Wii U and it coming out on the Wii U lol!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Ya, Zelda will sell only 2 million due to Horizon.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I doubt it, Horizon has a lot of sales potential, but it still is a new IP.