By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon and Zelda... a week apart? Will BOTW be overshadowed by the new Sony IP.

I will be playing...

Both Horizon: ZD and BOTW. 114 10.18%

Just Horizon. 290 25.89%

Just BOTW. 520 46.43%

I'm going to wait to see... 33 2.95%

BOTW first then Horizon. 120 10.71%

Horizon first then BOTW. 43 3.84%

Total:1,120

I roll with Sony and don't bother with other platforms, but I expect the new Zelda to be a bigger seller of the two, at least for the first couple of months.
1) Horizon is a new IP that has yet to prove itself, this always creates uncertainty and people will wait for first impressions, reviews and what their friends have to say about the game first. Zelda is a huge and long standing franchise and people know what they're in for and what to expect. To Nintendo fans, it's something of a holy grail.
2) Nintendo machines don't really have anything else of note to offer at that time, especially the Switch being a new machine, so all Switch buyers will go for Zelda right out of the gate. PS4 has so much stuff going on all the time and people probably have backlogs to go through as well. They have a wider choice of games on offer, both 1st and 3rd party, and Horizon is just one of many attractive options to get into.
I believe both games will be successes and sell plenty, although Horizon will be more uncertain. It's always a massive task for a new IP to establish itself.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
I actually feel like neither one is going to negatively affect the other, and both will sell well, with perhaps Horizon selling more due to it's larger install base compared to the Switch's launch.

OP - Horizon will sell more than Zelda, Zelda will get a better metascore.

Going to be interesting to see how both games will perform. Looking forward to that week!

John2290 said:
asqarkabab said:

And what do you want to imply ?

From that supposed 45 million people how many from them want to play horizon ?

When some people like it it doesnt mean that all like it 

51-52 million by now. Why are you underplaying a confirmed statistic that PS4 has sold 50 million in early december 2016?

And ?

How am i downplaying the ps4 ?

What has the ps4 sales number to do with how much people will like horizon ?

Explain to me

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

John2290 said:

Damn that picture is depressing. I actually feel legit sadness for X1 and WII U now...Soldiers sent off to die...:(

Zelda BOTW will sell more on Wii u than Switch, and nobody is counting that, thats all. Nintendo games have an insane attach rate on Wii U, so Wii U version can makes a difference, big difference. Still, somehow I fell that Horizon will sell more. Playstion is just in .. another league in comparison to Nintendo now.

BTW - confirmed PS4's sales is 53.4 - latest Sony's annoucement at CES.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Johnw1104 said:
Very much looking forward to both.

I've been waiting ages for Zelda so I'll be focused on it first, but eventually I'll get around to Horizon.

Really, if the proximity is an issue for anyone it's probably Horizon, as the hype train for Zelda (among even those who don't own a console) is huge and media will be refocusing on it almost immediately.

Still, I think in terms of sales neither will really be affected by the other; they're must haves for people who like this sort of game and, from what I've seen, they're very different experiences.

Your Avatar is epic. Is that actual concept art or is it from an artist post release? Looks fantastic either way! FF9 is a game I really wish I had stuck with through to the end.

I found it on google and was never able to find its source. I think it might be fan art... I'd love to credit the creator but I can't find them.

John2290 said:

1.Whoa...53 million...3 million more in the final month and first two weeks of 2016.

2. By any chance do you know how PS2 was doing around this time in its life cycle?

1. CES number is for 1 January 2017, consoles sold to consumers already.

2. 51.20  is the most accurate number i get from the internetz.

John2290 said:
asqarkabab said:

And ?

How am i downplaying the ps4 ?

What has the ps4 sales number to do with how much people will like horizon ?

Explain to me

Bigger install base looking for a highly anticipated title. There is two scenarios, HZD is incredible and it sells right off the bat with the legs of an Elephant or it is an pretty decent release and still selling right off the bat. Right at this moment Zelda has one fifth (or close to it) of cap that Horizon can sell and this is the age of the internet and people like Pewdeepie, if its good and praised it WILL sell. Need proof? Minecraft, Rocket league... even the last guardian sold half a million first week off of mainly hype and it is objectivly a bad game.

And 

Zelda has something that horizon doesnt 

And that is nostalgia 

People buy nintendo games not because of hype the buy them because of nostalgia and fond memories they had in the past 

So lets see which one will be successfull

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:

And 

And that is nostalgia 

People buy nintendo games not because of hype the buy them because of nostalgia and fond memories they had in the past 

What

the

heck

is 

wrong

with 

u ?

KingofTrolls said:
asqarkabab said:

And 

And that is nostalgia 

What

the

heck

is 

wrong

with 

u ?

Im fine 

I think something is wrong with you 

To not accept my opinions 

REQUIESCAT IN PACE