By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon and Zelda... a week apart? Will BOTW be overshadowed by the new Sony IP.

I will be playing...

Both Horizon: ZD and BOTW. 114 10.18%

Just Horizon. 290 25.89%

Just BOTW. 520 46.43%

I'm going to wait to see... 33 2.95%

BOTW first then Horizon. 120 10.71%

Horizon first then BOTW. 43 3.84%

Total:1,120
Hynad said:
asqarkabab said:

Lucky for me aswell because i will2  play zelda on the switch 

Youre either joking or you give big credit to guerilla games 

Horizon is nothing compared to zelda because zelda has a big fanbase and is an old games series 

Yes. Zelda has a big fanbase. A fanbase of something between 4M and 8.5M if we go by title's sales. But 45M+ people are playing on the PS4 right now. That's a lot of potential buyers for Horizon, which is the current most anticipated upcoming Sony title. Horizon is nothing compared to Zelda because it has yet to get the time to prove itself. Discounting it when it's not even out yet is rather unreasonable.

And what do you want to imply ?

From that supposed 45 million people how many from them want to play horizon ?

When some people like it it doesnt mean that all like it 

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:
Hynad said:

Yes. Zelda has a big fanbase. A fanbase of something between 4M and 8.5M if we go by title's sales. But 45M+ people are playing on the PS4 right now. That's a lot of potential buyers for Horizon, which is the current most anticipated upcoming Sony title. Horizon is nothing compared to Zelda because it has yet to get the time to prove itself. Discounting it when it's not even out yet is rather unreasonable.

I'm not saying everyone will like it. You're the one saying less people will like it compared to how many will like Zelda. I'm simply putting things in perspective.

Hynad said:
asqarkabab said:

I'm not saying everyone will like it. You're the one saying less people will like it compared to how many will like Zelda. I'm simply putting things in perspective.

Zelda is in another caliber its not possible to compare them

I wish that horizon will be a good game like tlou but its not in a sphere with games nintendo makes 

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:
Hynad said:

I wish that horizon will be a good game like tlou but its not in a sphere with games nintendo makes 

Because you say so? 

Both will be good games, however I think Zelda will review better, it's helped by the hype of it being a new Zelda game on a new console, I don't care what anybody says,this sort of thing sways opinion whether the reviewer realised it lot not.
As for sales, I think Zelda will completely blow Horizon out the water. For One, it's as I said before A new Zelda game on a new platform, not only that, the launch line up for the NS is underwhelming so almost everyone who buys it is going to buy Zelda. Horizon on the other hand is releasing in a period where Persona 5, Mass Effect Andromeda, nier Automata and Ghost Recon Wildlands are all releasing on the PS4 within a few weeks on each other, sales WILL suffer because of this.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Horizon may end up buried tbh as not only is Zelda a strong consistent brand in gaming but BOTW is heavily anticipated and launching on two platforms one of which is new hardware. The picked the worst possible time to release Horizon I don't know why they deviated from their February release date.

Hynad said:
asqarkabab said:

Because you say so? 

What did i say ?

Everyone has his/her own opinion in my opinion nintendo games are superior to games sony and microsoft develop 

I dont mean graphicswise but the memories and nostalgia that is behind their games 

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Both will sell millions.

Horizon seems to be gathering a following after the recent trailers, hype is building. Ranks high on Amazon charts, lots of youtube videos with +1 million views. The more I see the more I wanna play. Open world rpgs rarely fail.

Zeruda is well, Zeruda, millions guaranteed!

I'm more concerned about Nier Automata, which comes A FEW DAYS LATER.

When it comes to reviews? Zeruda is gunna win. If the game has "Zeruda" on it, instant +90 Metacritic. Even games like Skywad Sword.

Why do people assume that these titles will affect the sales of the other? There's very little reason to think so, different consoles with very different offerings and two games with different demographics.
It's very unlikely that someone who was planing on buying Horizon will suddenly think "Oh, screw that, I'll put down 300$ for hardware and get a different 60$ open world game instead!" and it's just as unlikely that someone who has their eye set on Zelda and Switch will be swayed to think differently due to a PS4 title.

Both will review well, Zelda likely quite a bit better. I can't imagine Zelda dropping below mid 90's, to be honest, 94-95 is not unreasonable, Horizon could be a high 80's or low 90's game if it doesn't behave much like most 8th gen games (repetitive, big but lacking in depth, shallow mechanics with seemingly little purpose, poor writing). Both will sell well, Zelda will sell really well for sure, Horizon could sell really well.

Never heard about Horizon.