By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871
KyleeStrutt said:
jason1637 said:
Why should Nintendo be the ones to go third party?

Because they're the ones making hardware people don't want.

Guess 3DS sold nothing after all, also if you are going based user/revenue, Mobile and PC trump consoles in every regard, should consoles become obsolete?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Hapuc12 said:

Yeah no,they have money to last till 2050 i watched top 10 Nintendo hidden facts i think the video was called that.

And people saying the console will flop they are making money from every console being sold so losing money yeah no plus they get 100% profit from there own games and 30-40% of other third party games like PS4/Xbox/PC is.

Switch is Japan's wet dream and if the console sells 30+ milion they have achieved their goal plus the money from online that they will put maybe not a lot of people won't pay but there a good amount of people that will.

And Amibos they are making money from that stuff regardless.

And people stop with this doom and gloom Jesus Christ.

What doom ans gloom? Read the OP before posting.

It's exactly doom and gloom it's not a win win situation even if you use a little of that thing called brain.

You would know,that Nintendo would Sink shit ton of their resources too keep their business alive they don't have other Sectors like Sony with their camera division there Movie division and god knows what else and Microsoft with Windows,Surface pro,Cloud or whatever else etc etc.

That would mean shit ton of jobs would be lost because of Restructuring their studios to comodate for other consoles more resources would have to be put to develop games for PS,Xbox consoles and PC a lot more then their own home consoles.

User was moderated for this post - Zekkyou 

jason1637 said:
Why should Nintendo be the ones to go third party?

I'd say MS is on that way now but what would they make? It's all cancelled :P

I always like something new when it comes to games. Having the teraflops, solid (but at times unsecured) online, and games looking good graphically are all the rage, but there should be a place for experiments and taking a different course when it comes to making games. Why can't Nintendo make games like Wii Sports, Wind Waker, Pilotwings, Brain Age, Nintendogs, Rhythm Heaven, etc. along with titles from their prime franchises? I think gaming can reach bigger audiences if given the chance and the industry has to do more than just making a game look prettier.

I truly stand by Iwata's belief that gaming should be fun for everyone. Why not expand to audiences like the elderly, the parents, or those who never touched a controller in general? I think Nintendo can provide that through their hardware and software.

SegataSanshiro said:
onionberry said:
man these threads are annoying lol

I'm not even triggered, but the reasons are so full of bs, this thing is a fantastic machine and everyone is shitting on Nintendo because of a stupid presentation, when we already have more (and better) confirmed games than the launch of wii u, 3ds, xbox, and ps4. I was not bitching and crying when the ps4 launched with fucking knack and killzone. Power? are we doing this again? just look at the form factor mannnn, don't be ignorant mannn... and show me another machine that has all those features and all those games for that price. I know it's the same thing everytime that Nintendo reveals a system but wow, if you don't have compelling arguments and just a bunch of mainstream mumbo jumbo based on less than one day after the reveal just go and play your other machines and let others enjoy this.

ZELDA AT LAUNCH!

/rant

Around the Network

For the first time ever I'm considering this as a viable option for them. The last piece of information (or misinformation?) says 3 hours to charge...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

No. Really not.

I mean maybe you want to have your Nintendo games on your favorite system (Play Sta Tion Four or Xbox One) but other than that I do not see any reason to do so.

Nintendo got the games and they are just at another level on that area compared to Sauny and Microsoft)... And they are coming with very good systems; the WiiU was too similar to the Wii at the end and did not really sell that much but overall Nintendo is usually VERY successfull with their hardware on top of their software. So why would they do that; they have a unique position in the gaming console market. 

I'm hyped for the Switch. This system and what they envision for is awesome imo. 

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:
man these threads are annoying lol

Because...?

I haven't made various threads about the same subject on a short time, so please, don't lump it together with anything else, judge it for what it is, and discuss about it.

no no I'm not mad at you, not personal babe. I'm mad at the whole internet, it's a normal thing for me after a Nintendo reveal.

Yeah, lets just completely ignore the fact that most of Nintendos games are completely build around the specific hardware they were released on and are more creative and unique for it.
Whatever controlscheme Nintendo comes up with, they usually commit to it 100% (the WiiU being the outlier here, they really didn't know what to do with that system....). Hundreds of games would have been impossible without Nintendo RnD developing their own hardware.
People tend to forget how revolutionary a lot of Nintendo hardware was for it's respective time and complain about gimmicks instead.

I'll tell you what, the DS, had a touchscreen in 2004, thats three years before the Iphone released and made touchscreens ubuquitus. And it did give us new ways to play. I could go on, but it's save to say, demanding Nintendo to go third party isn't thinking things through.

Id be ok with that. buuuuuuuuut we still need a dedicated handheld hardware. And seems only ninteno can handle that well.