By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871

Nintendo already are heading towards third party, in releasing games for mobile, (a thing Nintendo fans only a year or so ago would have ferociously denied would ever happen).

Only a matter of time really.

Around the Network

This idea is not a new one and I agree completely. Nintendo makes good software (not my type, but quality software regardless) and absolutely terrible hardware.

It's a no brainer that their fans would equally enjoy Nintendo games on platforms that are more powerful while also enjoying actual 3rd party software as well without the extra cost of another console (and now also 2nd online subscription).

Should be a win for all including Nintendo. No more r&d for hardware that keeps losing them mindshare among gamers.

It would make it so much easier for their fans if their games were made for pc/xb1/ps4 instead. Superior console features like trophies and cross game chat.

Cheaper console to buy. Huge library all on one platform. Nintendo could make their games more impressive with the extra pressure.

Only need to sub to one online service.

If the Switch flops it's not good but at least it might push Nintendo closer to that third party status.

I don't think they could survive the competition of AAA development.

The point of having their own system is that they can do their own thing and get away with it.

Kerotan said:
It would make it so much easier for their fans if their games were made for pc/xb1/ps4 instead. Superior console features like trophies and cross game chat.

Cheaper console to buy. Huge library all on one platform. Nintendo could make their games more impressive with the extra pressure.

Only need to sub to one online service.

If the Switch flops it's not good but at least it might push Nintendo closer to that third party status.

LOL, sure sure.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Yes, where competition doesn't matter, being able to play all games on a single place would be perfect.

Nintendo doesn't have direct competition, so as I said, everybody wins.

I don't plan on to so its all good

Why does it have to be Nintendo? Good hardware is more than just specs. I like their approach.

Maybe Microsoft should go third party, they've already got a foot in it with PC.

If Nintendo goes third party we would stop having gaming innovations, like paid online.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Yeah no,they have money to last till 2050 i watched top 10 Nintendo hidden facts i think the video was called that.

And people saying the console will flop they are making money from every console being sold so losing money yeah no plus they get 100% profit from there own games and 30-40% of other third party games like PS4/Xbox/PC is.

Switch is Japan's wet dream and if the console sells 30+ milion they have achieved their goal plus the money from online that they will put maybe not a lot of people won't pay but there a good amount of people that will.

And Amibos they are making money from that stuff regardless.

And people stop with this doom and gloom Jesus Christ.

Well personally id probably buy more Nintendo games as the biggest turn off for me has usually been their consoles. I own over 30 ds/3ds physical games and have only played maybe 10 of them because im not a huge fan of the 3ds, im just weird and buy the games cause i like supporting certain genres aka jrpgs lol on my WiiU though I've only got 5 games but again for some reason i just can't really get into the console. I've put about 50 hours into smash but other than that I've barely touched the thing. I think collective hours spent using it in nearly two years would be about 70 hours of use. Again thats mostly cause i don't really like the hardware.

In saying that Nintendo going third party is not a good idea, if you enjoy Sony IPs then you can kiss them goodbye. Sony won't bother with first party games anymore because they will effectively own the console market. They were already considering after the success of the PS2 lol thats before they knew they were about to get their asses kicked.