By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How can a company be this out of touch...

JWeinCom said:
Paid online..? So... like the other two consoles? Clearly out of touch there...

Considering the quality of online gaming on Wii U and especially smash it kind a is. Besides Xone and PS4 also offer monthly free indy games, cloud storage, the PS4 also offers shareplay. As long as Nintendo's network isn't as stable, (playing smash online was a disaster on Wii U for me at times, while I have had no issues on PS4). And also monthly free indy games it's anot her front Nintendo is offering something inferior towards the competition for the same price.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I don't know. I really thought they had learned their lesson after the WiiU. I guess they just live in an impenetrable bubble.

Isn't there one more event before launch? I think E3 will be big this year :P

I wouldn't predict that this will do worse than Wii U, because it is also successor to 3DS...
But I would say there is strong chance of it not matching 3DS sales, never mind 3DS+WiiU.
At that point, why bother? They are better off going 3rd party NOW instead of delaying it.
Because the longer they delay and their consoles decline,
the smaller the market that even remembers and connects with their successful past.
Nintendo has focused on kids being their market, yet kids will be least engaged with their brand.
Parents aren't going to buy this as kids' console when it costs same and is weaker brand with less games.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Unless the Treehouse announces new games it won't change anything.

Paid online is not fine, the quality of it and how many games use it are irrelevant. It's simply a scam that you have to pay to play a game you already bought. It's not okay that Sony and Microsoft do it, and it's not okay for Nintendo either.

And I agree with you. I'm a pc gamer mainly. But you know what? Most of the people on this forumn - are making the exception for the competition, and not nintendo. Nintendo is the one that gets the banner. If you h ate ALL paid online for console, go ahead.

Ah I see what you mean. I don't think most XB/PS players are okay with it, they've just long since accepted it, no use whining about the unchangeable forever afterall, though I'll probably be whining for some time to come.

Airaku said:
Isn't there one more event before launch? I think E3 will be big this year :P

No? Launch is March, E3 is June. This presentation was supposed to be the big event before launch.

Around the Network

lol, gotta give it to NeoGaf, love the classic Simpsons reference

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228232634&postcount=241

JWeinCom said:

Except it has alot less features that make the price worth it.

Also you dont get to own the game you get from the month, its just playable for free that month.

You want voice chat? go download the app for your smart phone, log in via the app, and use your phone to talk to other gamers your playing with.

you heard me..... use your phone.... for voice chat in games.

Thats nintendos solution.

Like wtf?

JRPGfan said:
JWeinCom said:

Except it has alot less features that make the price worth it.

Also you dont get to own the game you get from the month, its just playable for free that month.

You want voice chat? go download the app for your smart phone, log in via the app, and use your phone to talk to other gamers your playing with.

you heard me..... use your phone.... for voice chat in games.

Thats nintendos solution.

Like wtf?

Man dude you're in full hate mode dude. Listen to the shit you're saying it doesn't even make sense. 

"Also you dont get to own the game you get from the month, its just playable for free that month."

And you don't own the game you play on Playstation either, it's locked behind DRM. You have to pay every month to keep playing it.

"Except it has alot less features that make the price worth it."

We don't know the price though?????????

"You want voice chat? go download the app for your smart phone, log in via the app, and use your phone to talk to other gamers your playing with.

you heard me..... use your phone.... for voice chat in games."

Pretty sure that's for the mobile component dude...

Hiku said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Unless the Treehouse announces new games it won't change anything.

Paid online is not fine, the quality of it and how many games use it are irrelevant. It's simply a scam that you have to pay to play a game you already bought. It's not okay that Sony and Microsoft do it, and it's not okay for Nintendo either.

Well, if that was all there is. But you get more than just the ability to play online. You get good discounts on games every now and then. And free games every month. Usually not something I'm interested in, but some times I get games I was going to buy anyway, like Yakuza 5, and Resident Evil HD Remake.

If you ask me though, I prefered the Free PSN on PS3. But PS+ does have nice perks that I've warmed up to.

That's only to make it appear less like a scam. It's not a deal or incentive or perk when you're forced to buy it. Sony recently raised the price of PS+ because... they made it better? lol no, it's because they know they can, they know people have to pay for it to play their games.

I actually don't think the launch lineup looks bad, especially if the 2017 release dates are set in stone. My biggest question is how often we can expect to see new releases from Nintendo going forward, and what third parties have in store, as they were barely featured at the event. Online could suck or be perfectly fine depending on price, and we still know nothing about the interface.

For an event that was supposed to be the big Switch unveiling, we're still left with a bunch of questions. I'm guessing Nintendo intends to trickle out bits of information over the coming weeks.