By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How can a company be this out of touch...

That was terrible. Basically 2 launch games. Paid online. Quirky minigames. No 3rd party stuff.

I assume that's it for Nintendo consoles. I didn't think it was possible, but mark my words, this is bombing harder than the WiiU.

They proved time and time again that they have no idea where to fit in the modern gaming market, and that disconnection will be met by rejection. If they wake up by the time Switch under performs, then maybe the stuff they'll make as a 3rd party or a mobile producer will offset the losses.

For now, I'm out :/

EDIT: So this thread was necrobumped a year later, so I'm gonna paste this reply to a question about my opinion of the Switch now:

I already mentioned this thread a couple of times in reference to how my opinion changed. I still stand by that this was a terrible reveal video, but as the Switch grew closer to launch, and especially after the last E3, I'm actually interested in getting one now. Maybe when Smash releases :)

Last edited by Proxy-Pie - on 13 January 2018

Around the Network

Oh come on, its not like we didnt know they are out of touch. We keep saying it: they are doomed. Like, do people think we joke about these things? $300. Just that. $300. They could've announced a new Metroid and it'd mean shit with a $300 tag price and paid online.

This one has Zelda and a real Mario. Already doing better than WiiU

Actually 3. Zelda is coming. Still very disappointing.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

ktay95 said:

The WiiU has Zelda too. New Mario looks cool but it's coming holiday 2017.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

One of them isn't even a launch title...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

It doesn't matter, if it was a PS4 pro with a Nintendo shell people would still bitch about them.

barneystinson69 said:

Actually 3. Zelda is coming. Still very disappointing.

Maybe I should've clarified, I meant exclusives.

Paid online..? So... like the other two consoles? Clearly out of touch there...

They confusing me. Is zelda releasing on the wii u as well?