By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How can a company be this out of touch...

JWeinCom said:
Paid online..? So... like the other two consoles? Clearly out of touch there...

People have been shitting on Nintendo's online services for a decade now and saying it needs to keep up with the Jones'. Now that it is doing just that, people are whining about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take the free services that are subpar to the level of PSN/XBL anyday, but if you want better, you usually have to pay for it.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

That was terrible. Basically 2 launch games. Paid online. Quirky minigames. No 3rd party stuff.

I assume that's it for Nintendo consoles. I didn't think it was possible, but mark my words, this is bombing harder than the WiiU.

They proved time and time again that they have no idea where to fit in the modern gaming market, and that disconnection will be met by rejection. If they wake up by the time Switch under performs, then maybe the stuff they'll make as a 3rd party or a mobile producer will offset the losses.

For now, I'm out :/

actually as far as I could tell from the whole presentation there is only ONE big confirmed launch title (Zelda).

I would not consider that boxing ropes game a big game nor was it confirmed for launch.

Concerning. I hope to god the big N just forgot or deliberately didn't put a few big launch titles in that presentation (although I have no idea why they wouldn't)

Mario + Zelda + Splatoon 2 in its first year!

Then we might hear Pokemon Stars at e3!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

going to be a very dry launch... but real mario has me hyped!

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

ktay95 said:
This one has Zelda and a real Mario. Already doing better than WiiU

Zelda is on Wii U as well.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
This was terribad. I'm disappointed in Nintendo. I'd thought they'd have more to show...Switch seems rushed at this point. Maybe they're saving more info for E3.

Probably...

I mean the people who are gonna buy it D1, where probably going to buy it d1 no matter what (give and take a few). So then at E3, they can show new Pokemon and the like to drive up interest through the Fall, followed by Mario in the Winter?

Either way, what matters to me most is how JRPGS will be represented on the Switch, and so far so good, based off the limited information we have been given. And, for Japan, as long as Vita doesnt get a successor, JRPGS is all Nintendo will need to rule.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

2 hours ago, I was hyped. This thing is almost dead after launch day now. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Jranation said:
Mario + Zelda + Splatoon 2 in its first year!

Then we might hear Pokemon Stars at e3!

dude come on, for the system to potentially launch with ONE big exclusive? that's kind of weak, Nintendo should have been more prepared. Hopefully they just haven't announced something yet. Potentially only having one big game for the first bunch of months? that was meant to be a Wii U game? yikes

burninmylight said:
JWeinCom said:
Paid online..? So... like the other two consoles? Clearly out of touch there...

People have been shitting on Nintendo's online services for a decade now and saying it needs to keep up with the Jones'. Now that it is doing just that, people are whining about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take the free services that are subpar to the level of PSN/XBL anyday, but if you want better, you usually have to pay for it.

Really? At least do what Sony did! Improve your service, then charge for it!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I'll certainly pick up a Switch at some point, as I've never missed a Nintendo console. But, I see no reason to buy one at launch, as there aren't any exclusive games of interest. I'll certainly get BoW near its launch....on Wii U.