By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How can a company be this out of touch...

Now I'm wondering if they'll really not release a true 3DS successor. A dedicated handheld only launched at $200 or something like that.

BTW Muhammad do you have any other next gen consoles beside Wii U?

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

For now, I'm out :/

Wise decision. Later it will be cheaper and there will be bundles too.

"Also you dont get to own the game you get from the month, its just playable for free that month."

And you don't own the game you play on Playstation either, it's locked behind DRM. You have to pay every month to keep playing it.

But as long as you're subscribed you get to play every game that was released during your subscription. With nintendo's online you get a 20-30 year old game for A MONTH! That's it. Once the month is over you can no longer play it, regardless of your subscription.

Safiir said:

"Also you dont get to own the game you get from the month, its just playable for free that month."

And you don't own the game you play on Playstation either, it's locked behind DRM. You have to pay every month to keep playing it.

But as long as you're subscribed you get to play every game that was released during your subscription. With nintendo's online you get a 20-30 year old game for A MONTH! That's it. Once the month is over you can no longer play it, regardless of your subscription.

True. Which is why the price better be damn low

Hiku said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

That's only to make it appear less like a scam. It's not a deal or incentive or perk when you're forced to buy it. Sony recently raised the price of PS+ because... they made it better? lol no, it's because they know they can, they know people have to pay for it to play their games.

The raised price you speak of was only for certain regions, where it was already lower than in some other regions. My region wasn't affected.

Anyway, scam or not, if I get games I would have normally bought, or good sales on top of sales, the fee can pay for itself. In those situations I don't mind if it's a scam or not.

Oh my mistake, not a real price hike then.

Well that's good, but for me I just wanna play the game I bought. If I could give up those deals in order to not pay I would, but apparently I can't because fuck me. :L

Around the Network

Yeah, if it wasn't because portable Zelda I would be out too.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Ka-pi96 said:
MohammadBadir said:

That was terrible. Basically 2 launch games. Paid online. Quirky minigames. No 3rd party stuff.

I assume that's it for Nintendo consoles. I didn't think it was possible, but mark my words, this is bombing harder than the WiiU.

They proved time and time again that they have no idea where to fit in the modern gaming market, and that disconnection will be met by rejection. If they wake up by the time Switch under performs, then maybe the stuff they'll make as a 3rd party or a mobile producer will offset the losses.

For now, I'm out :/

As a home console... yep, pretty good chance of it.

It appealing to the large handheld fanbase has a chance to save it though.

Not at $300 it doesn't.  People didn't want to pay $249 for a 3DS or Vita, they sure as heck aren't going to want to pay $299 for this.  Personally, I see another Wii U here.  Things may improve if Nintendo goes the 3DS route and slash $80 off the price tag a few months out.  But, if they are stubborn like they were with the Wii U's price, then they can forget about it.  Mobile may be Nintendo's future if they decide they don't want to put any games on the PS4/XBO.

The Wii U bombed because of momentum. People forget things very easily, but before the PS4 and XBO, the Wii U was one of the fastest selling systems of all time. It outsold the PS3 and 360 for half a year.

There are 2 real negatives we can bring up: price and launch line up. Like I've said before, Nintendo's market lies on the $200-<$299 range. This, I'm very dissapointed with and even a little nervous about.

The launch is difficult to tell. BotW is being incredibly well received. It might be enough with it alone for launch (it's a really long game), plus, MK is coming just one month later, and a few months after that is Spl2n. But it's hard to ignore how, overall, really bad the launch line up is.

But again, console sales are a marathon, not a race. It's a long road ahead, dont use all your energy at the beginning.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Einsam_Delphin said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

And I agree with you. I'm a pc gamer mainly. But you know what? Most of the people on this forumn - are making the exception for the competition, and not nintendo. Nintendo is the one that gets the banner. If you h ate ALL paid online for console, go ahead.

Ah I see what you mean. I don't think most XB/PS players are okay with it, they've just long since accepted it, no use whining about the unchangeable forever afterall, though I'll probably be whining for some time to come.

Airaku said:
Isn't there one more event before launch? I think E3 will be big this year :P

No? Launch is March, E3 is June. This presentation was supposed to be the big event before launch.

I know launch is March, but I think at E3 we're going to see all the online features outlined and a lot of games. A lot of cool and maybe even unexpected suprises.

Slarvax said:

The Wii U bombed because of momentum. People forget things very easily, but before the PS4 and XBO, the Wii U was one of the fastest selling systems of all time. It outsold the PS3 and 360 for half a year.

There are 2 real negatives we can bring up: price and launch line up. Like I've said before, Nintendo's market lies on the $200-<$299 range. This, I'm very dissapointed with and even a little nervous about.

The launch is difficult to tell. BotW is being incredibly well received. It might be enough with it alone for launch (it's a really long game), plus, MK is coming just one month later, and a few months after that is Spl2n. But it's hard to ignore how, overall, really bad the launch line up is.

But again, console sales are a marathon, not a race. It's a long road ahead, dont use all your energy at the beginning.

Wii U bombed since Dec 2012 when shipments started to be negative. Only launch month was good. That's why they did the Jan 2013 direct.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile