By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch ads already in stores

Soundwave said:

Zelda's importance is overstated. It won't be there at launch and it doesn't really need to be.

People are sleeping on Splatoon here big time too. IMO that game is more important. Had the Wii U had a "normal" life cycle and both Splatoon and Zelda been Wii U titles, I have little doubt Splatoon would've outsold Zelda. It would've sold 2+ million in Japan alone. 

Zelda is kind of like the jewelry of a Nintendo console. Yes, you won't die if it doesn't come the second the console arrives, but it does provide a better image. Splatoon right now is a game which is extremely popular, but can still use more hype to become on the level of Nintendo's most well known characters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
Soundwave said:

Zelda's importance is overstated. It won't be there at launch and it doesn't really need to be.

People are sleeping on Splatoon here big time too. IMO that game is more important. Had the Wii U had a "normal" life cycle and both Splatoon and Zelda been Wii U titles, I have little doubt Splatoon would've outsold Zelda. It would've sold 2+ million in Japan alone. 

Zelda is kind of like the jewelry of a Nintendo console. Yes, you won't die if it doesn't come the second the console arrives, but it does provide a better image. Splatoon right now is a game which is extremely popular, but can still use more hype to become on the level of Nintendo's most well known characters

It also helps that Breath Of The Wild might have the most hyped any Zelda has ever had and how this is bringing major changes to the formula. While Mario does look like a more of a safe in comparsion judging by the footage we have seen. Though I do understand we barely anything about this Mario game and knowing EAD's track record it be one of the best games this year (ibeside sn't this the first time we are getting a big new fully 3D Zelda and Mario in the same year?)  But right now Zelda's hype is just insane and it will bum a lot of people out that it will miss launch.

Yep! My EB games have a nassive pic near the Wii U and 3DS. It is also on the front page of their website.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Very good move by Nintendo. I can't wait for Jan 12th. Really interested to see what the bigger picture is with Switch.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

hershel_layton said:
Pavolink said:
BotW needs to be a launch title. No excuse.

pretty sure that's a given. If not a launch title, easily within the first month. I think it's 99% given that it's a launch title though

But but but... all these super informed "insiders" said localisation and testing caused the game to release somwhere in summer! Waahh waahh!

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
hershel_layton said:

pretty sure that's a given. If not a launch title, easily within the first month. I think it's 99% given that it's a launch title though

But but but... all these super informed "insiders" said localisation and testing caused the game to release somwhere in summer! Waahh waahh!

And they might be right. Switch doesn't need BOTW at launch to be successful.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
GoOnKid said:

And they might be right. Switch doesn't need BOTW at launch to be successful.

It sure doesn't, but I never believed these rumors and I never will. I still think it's going to be a launch title and I can't wait for the reveal.

Am I way to excited for this? Of course But the January reveal cannot come fast enough

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Pavolink said:
BotW needs to be a launch title. No excuse.

Its not. People have to not have this expecation when we know its not coming on launch day (not saying its right but we are just putting hopes on something not happening)

Thats great news!The Switch needs every help it can get.Hopefully January 12th will deliver.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1