By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch ads already in stores

GoOnKid said:
hershel_layton said:

pretty sure that's a given. If not a launch title, easily within the first month. I think it's 99% given that it's a launch title though

But but but... all these super informed "insiders" said localisation and testing caused the game to release somwhere in summer! Waahh waahh!

They're probably right though

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
I saw my local target putting advertisements up too.

People are clearly understanding the Switch and how it works. I remember back in 2012 people thought the Wii U was an upgrade or something lmao..

It kinda is an upgrade. That's how new generations work.

Ok, I'm out

Goodnightmoon said:
GoOnKid said:

But but but... all these super informed "insiders" said localisation and testing caused the game to release somwhere in summer! Waahh waahh!

They're probably right though

N-no! They are liars! *puts fingers in ears and starts singing*

hershel_layton said:
I saw my local target putting advertisements up too.

People are clearly understanding the Switch and how it works. I remember back in 2012 people thought the Wii U was an upgrade or something lmao..

Glad to see Nintendo marketing coming out of the toilet from the Wii U era. 

My local GAME also has an ad. for preordering. Hype!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
Pavolink said:
BotW needs to be a launch title. No excuse.

pretty sure that's a given. If not a launch title, easily within the first month. I think it's 99% given that it's a launch title though

Hopefully. Nothing comes close in terms of hype. Neither Mario or Splatoon are in the same universe.

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:

Its not. People have to not have this expecation when we know its not coming on launch day (not saying its right but we are just putting hopes on something not happening)

Why not? Have Nintendo confirmed it is not coming at launch? What kind of joke is that company that can't have the game ready for launch after all these years in development?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Soundwave said:

Zelda's importance is overstated. It won't be there at launch and it doesn't really need to be.

People are sleeping on Splatoon here big time too. IMO that game is more important. Had the Wii U had a "normal" life cycle and both Splatoon and Zelda been Wii U titles, I have little doubt Splatoon would've outsold Zelda. It would've sold 2+ million in Japan alone. 

Perhaps, but that remains to be seen and splatoon still hasn't outsold multiple games in the Zelda series. While splatoon performed well on a bad console it also had no competition whatsoever. Your expectations of splatoon might be the overstated importance. But we'll see how splatoon does from here on out.

Don't forget that the high points of Zelda sales wise are pretty high, and BOTW is another title akin to the hype of those high points as well. The lower points of the series sell about on par with Splatoon, main console wise (and sometimes handheld wise). Splatoond numbers are only impressive given the console it's on but again, lack of competition puts that into question.

Pavolink said:

It doesn't.

spemanig said:
Pavolink said:

It doesn't.

Depends on the point of view, but you countering his matter-of-fact with another matter-of-fact gets the debate in that regard nowhere. Here's a mock rebuttal that achieves the same thing yours did:

"it does"

Roar_Of_War said:
spemanig said:

It doesn't.

Depends on the point of view, but you countering his matter-of-fact with another matter-of-fact gets the debate in that regard nowhere. Here's a mock rebuttal that achieves the same thing yours did:

"it does"

That was the point.