By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that still look visually amazing after many years?

Kirby's Adventure: NES. - 1993.

Yoshi's Island, Super Nintendo: - 1995

Yoshi's Story: Nintendo 64: - 1998.

Halo 2. Original Xbox/PC. - 2004.

Crysis 1. PC. - 2007.

I could probably place PC as always having the best graphics for each gen though. But the older Nintendo games have aged *stupidly* well. Like Donkey kong, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat... Even games like Final Fantasy 8 on PSX and Abes Oddysey don't look too bad.

Bethesda games thanks to mods always look pretty good Here is Oblivion from 2006

Skyrim from 2011.

And Morrowind from 2002 (In Skywind)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Prince of persia 2008

Most game that didn't target realistic graphic.

For realistic game I choose F Zero GX and Crysis.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Okami, Paper Mario TTYD, Wind Waker, Jet Set Radio, Yoshi's Island and others.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Metroid Prime
Crysis

Around the Network

If we can count mods, Morrowind is still really good for a game so old.
Old 2D and isometric 3D games that were good are still good, detail level remains the same, but, for example in Planescape:Torment, patches that allow to use higher res on recent PCs and displays (I use a 1280x800 patch to play it at native resolution of my portable, that, despite more than 8 years old, is many times more powerful than the game's original recommended specs) make the games better playable and show larger parts of each level, making the games more pleasant to watch too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

No love for "Super Mario RPG" ?

I still love the way the spirits and animations look in this game, to this day.

Does not look so good anymore, but I remember Knight Lore in the ZX Spectrum was surprisingly nice due to its 3D setting. More recently, COD 4 and MGS 4 on the PS3.

Luigi's Manson (GC)

AZWification said:

Okami, Paper Mario TTYD, Wind Waker, Jet Set Radio, Yoshi's Island and others.

Needs pics :)  (this is from the Wii version running on dolphin)