By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that still look visually amazing after many years?

Poliwrathlord said:
JEMC said:

Had you said Age of Empire II, I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you. But AoE 3...

I always thought AoE 2 looked like poop

Idk, I think this looks okay

And I always thought that the jump from 2D sprites to 3D models made it look bad, specially when you zoomed in to see your troops.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger pops into my ming right away, as well as Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker. Many games in the 16 bit era still hold up pretty well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

JEMC said:
Poliwrathlord said:

I always thought AoE 2 looked like poop

Idk, I think this looks okay

And I always thought that the jump from 2D sprites to 3D models made it look bad, specially when you zoomed in to see your troops.

Eh to each his own. I think we can agree that both games are fun to play and thats what actually matters.

Only now do I realize that the Sheep Raider games might make it into this list, unless my memory suffers from spontaneous leaks...

Auto Modellista
Wind Waker
Jet Set Radio

Around the Network

I think Wave Race Blue Storm would make the list but I haven't played it in a while. That water was amazing and I really wish Nintendo would bring the series back.

Dragon Quest 8
FFX
SMG1+2
Kirby on the NES

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Wario Land:Shake it, the first 2 Paper Mario games, Mother 3, Sonic Advance 2 and 3, Sonic Unleashed, DonkeyKong Jungle-Beat, Metroid Fusion, StarFox Adventures, I dunno what else.

I'm now filled with determination.

Poliwrathlord said:
JEMC said:

Eh to each his own. I think we can agree that both games are fun to play and thats what actually matters.

That's true.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Miyamotoo said:

Crysis for PC from 2007. IMO is still one of best looking video games almost 10 years later.

never had the oppurtunity to  play Crysis, but wow. This game is gorgeous- can't believe it was made in 2007.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.