By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that still look visually amazing after many years?

zwei said:
Bubsy 3D (PS1)
RuneScape (PC)
Gods and Generals (PC)
Superman 64 (N64)
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (PC)
(Roblox)

Beautiful masterpieces

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I forgot how good the ai was too on Crysis. Just damn!!!

I still find FarCry 1 to be better when it comes to AI (well, pretty much everything else as well), especially on harder difficulties, but Crysis 1 has really good AI - game took a lot of crap for being "tech demo" when it's actually pretty solid FPS (especially first part of the game).

Ikr. The only part that wasn't very good was that one flying section cause that shit handheld like a hippo trying to fly while being drunk. Apart from that, I really enjoyed playing it cause it had some cool mechanics. Want to throw that chicken at people? Go for it, want to throw that random crab? Yep, throw that shit! Etc. Also the whole armour/cloak/strength thing was pretty neat too. Just gave more ways to play the game and tackle a certain mission.

And the story was pretty decent too with the mysterious aliens and what not. And if you include mods, its just even more damn.

I do think Crysis 1 holds up far better than FC1 in graphics though. While Far Cry 1 was great at the time, it hasn't really aged well but Crysis 1 can certainly pass as a modern shooter

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the PS1 title that found has aged the best.

Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) One of the only PS2 games to have stunning1080i. Still holds up quite a bit.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Disney's Aladdin, Gods and Metal Slug series come to mind.

Around the Network

nobody mentioned bastion? you guys are losers.

Bastion looks gorgeous but it's relatively new.

Earthbound

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Captain_Yuri said:
HoloDust said:

I still find FarCry 1 to be better when it comes to AI (well, pretty much everything else as well), especially on harder difficulties, but Crysis 1 has really good AI - game took a lot of crap for being "tech demo" when it's actually pretty solid FPS (especially first part of the game).

Ikr. The only part that wasn't very good was that one flying section cause that shit handheld like a hippo trying to fly while being drunk. Apart from that, I really enjoyed playing it cause it had some cool mechanics. Want to throw that chicken at people? Go for it, want to throw that random crab? Yep, throw that shit! Etc. Also the whole armour/cloak/strength thing was pretty neat too. Just gave more ways to play the game and tackle a certain mission.

And the story was pretty decent too with the mysterious aliens and what not. And if you include mods, its just even more damn.

I do think Crysis 1 holds up far better than FC1 in graphics though. While Far Cry 1 was great at the time, it hasn't really aged well but Crysis 1 can certainly pass as a modern shooter

Oh sure, Crysis 1 does look much better than FC1...but other than that I find FC1 to be much better in all other aspects. I did enjoy Crysis 1, but I thought its level design was much inferior to FC1...plus, Crysis was really, really easy, even on hardest, compared to FC...sure, nanosuit was fun, but it made it just way too easy. Still really good game though.