By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that still look visually amazing after many years?

HoloDust said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Ikr. The only part that wasn't very good was that one flying section cause that shit handheld like a hippo trying to fly while being drunk. Apart from that, I really enjoyed playing it cause it had some cool mechanics. Want to throw that chicken at people? Go for it, want to throw that random crab? Yep, throw that shit! Etc. Also the whole armour/cloak/strength thing was pretty neat too. Just gave more ways to play the game and tackle a certain mission.

And the story was pretty decent too with the mysterious aliens and what not. And if you include mods, its just even more damn.

I do think Crysis 1 holds up far better than FC1 in graphics though. While Far Cry 1 was great at the time, it hasn't really aged well but Crysis 1 can certainly pass as a modern shooter

Oh sure, Crysis 1 does look much better than FC1...but other than that I find FC1 to be much better in all other aspects. I did enjoy Crysis 1, but I thought its level design was much inferior to FC1...plus, Crysis was really, really easy, even on hardest, compared to FC...sure, nanosuit was fun, but it made it just way too easy. Still really good game though.

True dat

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Dragon Ball Z Budokai on the GCN :D

You guys are awesome for mentioning a lot of 6th gen games i love, i'm happy!

Also don't forget about Conker(original Xbox) and Timesplitter 2!

Zelda Windwaker - gamecube
Conker - original xbox
Wacky Races - Dreamcast (nice looking anyway)
Mario 64 - N64 (still looks great to me)
Sonic 3 - Megadrive (too fast for me though)
doom 3 - original xbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GanNn3fmiVA

bananaking21 said:

nobody mentioned bastion? you guys are losers.

That game is only 5 years old, and came out last gen : P

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I guess Age of Empires 2 still looks great

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

FFX, FFVIII, Digimon World.

Disgaea, I mean just compare it to Disgaea 5.