By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that still look visually amazing after many years?

So with each generations, consoles usually make a huge leap in the graphics department and with that, many games from the past look like complete garbage (many games from PS1, N64, Dreamcast and early PS2 era fall into this). Some, I argue, still look visually stunning, whether artistically, visually or in at a technical level.

In my case, I wanna bring out Star Wars: Rogue Leader on the GameCube. Jesus this game was a visually amazing experience. Lasers being shot everywhere, what seemed to be hundreds of ships on screen at the same time (truth is there wasn't but they played some really sly moves such as background that made it seem there were incoming ships yor way).

Seriously, Battle of Endor is probably one of the most impressive feat the GameCube was capable of. And this was a launch game! (Nov 2001)

https://youtu.be/vjSHVpP3Av8?t=4m50s  (someone tell me how to embedded a video properly? Tried and it didn't work!)

Around the Network

Crysis for PC from 2007. IMO is still one of best looking video games almost 10 years later.

Crysis. Still fap to it everytime I turn it on.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

MGS2
FFX
Gran turismo 3
Zone of the Enders: The second runner
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

Star Fox Adventure on GC
Mario Sunshine
RE 0
MGS3

Around the Network

Dragon Quest VIII on PS2.
Zelda Wind Waker on Gamecube
Paper Mario 64 and Paper Mario TTYD
Chrono Trigger

Ico, Windwaker, MGS2

Age of Empires III. That game still looks amazing.

Kameo: Elements of Power

Resogun.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.