By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Men should never marry, here's why.

I watch the videos and I have to disagree with them. They look at the worst case scenario lol.

Set your expectations upfront. If the woman agrees there will be no problems later. If she doesn't she will walk. This also holds true in the other direction. Once both you set what you want it will work no matter how many arguments.

It isn't some bathesda game where you need to be careful or a glitch will fuck you up.

Around the Network

It wasn't on my to-do list. Here in The Netherlands it is also unnecessary to marry when there's other contracts that are basically the same in everything but without the ceremony.

Yeah, I don't see much reason to marry. Also the divorce ratio in younger generations (subjective sight, didn't look up statistics) seems way too high to convince me that this old ritual is still up-to-date with society.
I won't think less of any person that does so though, to each his own and hopefully it will last a lifetime (which it's supposed to).
A friend who has been together with his girlfriend for over 10 years married her now, I don't see a problem with it, 10 years is a long time to get to know each other and test out if things will work out.

I'm happily married, married when I reached 30, after living together for 2 years. I didn't believe in marriage before either, yet why not. I never saw it as obligations and rights, wasn't planning on leaving her. I moved to the other side of the world to be with her, much larger commitment in my mind than signing some piece of paper.

We didn't have an expensive wedding either, backyard wedding with family and few friends. We agreed putting money into a house was more important than some extravagant wedding. Once you meet the right person you don't have any of those doubts. I took my time though.

First video made decent points.

Second video was stupid ramblings.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Even if you don't get officially married, "de facto" laws in many places, such as here in Australia, mean that just living with your partner in a shared domestic setting can mean legal entanglements in terms of money, property, etc if the relationship fails.

If I recall correctly, living together with your partner for two years or more means you're effectively married in the eyes of the law.

I think any guy who marries me will be happier I think.

Unlike most women I wont think it odd he likes to watch Star Wars or play video games as I likely be playing with him 

I want to married a woman because i want to take responsibility.

LadyJasmine said:

I think any guy who marries me will be happier I think.

Unlike most women I wont think it odd he likes to watch Star Wars or play video games as I likely be playing with him 

Good, you'll make someone very happy. Just make sure it's someone who makes you just as happy. :)

Soundwave said:

If you're a rich guy or a rock star or athlete ... sure don't get married. Or get married and just fuck other women too, it's kinda expected.

But for regular joes ... lol ... I mean, so what exactly is the plan? To be the weird 40 year old guy at the nightclub on a Saturday night hitting on 21 year olds who think he's gross? That doesn't sound wildly appealling to me either. 

Lots of men want kids too, good luck finding a women willing to have her vagina stretched out to push out a baby for a guy who's not willing to commit. Like I said too, you probably want a mother for your children as well, your collection of video games or Star Wars merchandise or second car isn't going to help you raise children, cook for them, clean up after them, etc. etc. etc. 

Divorce sucks, but "stay single forever" isn't exactly a great option either. 

Since unplaned pregnancies are the main contributors to the population, I say you have no argument.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.