Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Even if I include Mario it's still this for me:
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ratchet & Clank
3. Rayman

Donkey Kong Country for the win!

Jumpin said:
Donkey Kong Country, the original trilogy. The new ones from 64 onward are alright, but I didn't think they had nearly the impact. The original trilogy was pretty much the equivalent in hype/awesome as the 3D GTA trilogy on PS2.

It's hard to overstate the impact DKC had back when it first released. Back in 1994, on a CRT TV, it's pre-rendered graphics looked almost too good to be true, it was like if Crysis came out in the early 6th gen.

Objectively Rayman.
It's the only platformer that is arguably superior to Mario.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Jumpin said:
Donkey Kong Country, the original trilogy. The new ones from 64 onward are alright, but I didn't think they had nearly the impact. The original trilogy was pretty much the equivalent in hype/awesome as the 3D GTA trilogy on PS2.

It's hard to overstate the impact DKC had back when it first released. Back in 1994, on a CRT TV, it's pre-rendered graphics looked almost too good to be true, it was like if Crysis came out in the early 6th gen.

Yes, but Crysis doesn't have gorillas beating up evil crocodile kings.

DKC gets my vote, but Crash Bandicoot will always hold a special place in my heart as well. The PS1 trilogy anyway.

Umihara Kawase

Crash bandicoot.

Hmm tough one. Rayman Legends was pretty awesome. I think my vote goes to Captain Toad.