By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 PS4 sales stomp all over the Xbox One version

LivingMetal said:
Snoopy said:

I remember the outrage and people here going crazy. I remember there was Sony fans who wanted to commit suicide over this. People here right now are trying to state that ff15 was a wasted effort on Xbox one which isn't true. Selling over a million in fw week is an achievement only a few games to get accomplish and it help ff15 to be the most successful ff game to date.

And I remember Xbox fans gloating at what ultimately became an inferior version that was outsold by a console version with a smaller userbase.  Now, FFXV on the One it's still an inferior version outsold by a more powerful console version with a larger userbase.  Who's salty again?  Because bringing up and cherry picking a past event only proves that you're harboring some past adolecent anger.  But salt preserves.  No wonder you've held on to this for so long.

Df said Xbox 1 version ran better. So....

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

Eight years ago...  Are you really that petty?

I remember the outrage and people here going crazy. I remember there was Sony fans who wanted to commit suicide over this. People here right now are trying to state that ff15 was a wasted effort on Xbox one which isn't true. Selling over a million in fw week is an achievement only a few games to get accomplish and it help ff15 to be the most successful ff game to date.

I wasn't following gaming news back then.

But Final Fantasy is a very popular game that always sold almost 10 millions of units on Playstation alone. After all the efforts that Square Enix had in marketing this game for the Xbox One.

The game sent 5 millions of units to stores, with 80/20 on the Uk, the game is probably 85/15 oe 90/10 Worldwide. Over 550-750 thousands for the Xbox version, including digital.

Nothing surprising here

Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

And I remember Xbox fans gloating at what ultimately became an inferior version that was outsold by a console version with a smaller userbase.  Now, FFXV on the One it's still an inferior version outsold by a more powerful console version with a larger userbase.  Who's salty again?  Because bringing up and cherry picking a past event only proves that you're harboring some past adolecent anger.  But salt preserves.  No wonder you've held on to this for so long.

Cherry picking again?

Digital Foundry: 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII 'adequate but a touch disappointing'

Digital Foundry’s Richard Leadbetter has properly stuck right into Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360, saying the PS3 version is the flavour of the day.

There was discussion on this here on these boards: Digital Foundry FFXIII comparison

Original Eurogamer article.

Swordmasterman said:
Snoopy said:

But Final Fantasy is a very popular game that always sold almost 10 millions of units on Playstation alone. After all the efforts that Square Enix had in marketing this game for the Xbox One.

The game sent 5 millions of units to stores, with 80/20 on the Uk, the game is probably 85/15 oe 90/10 Worldwide. Over 550-750 thousands for the Xbox version, including digital.

North America buys the most software generally and ratio should be higher here for x1. So it should easily help x1 version tremendously. 

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Snoopy said:

Cherry picking again?

Gameplay over graphics every day and any day. Also, the for will approve on Xbox Scorpio easily and be more stable.

Snoopy said:
Angelv577 said:

Where did you see the 1m fw for xb1?  don't tell me digital without any proof.

The game sold around 5m supposedly ww without digital according to an article on n4g. If 15-20 percent is X1 sales and you include digital sales it should be over a million on x1 ww. Even if it isn't it still around 1 million which justifies the x1 version.

The XBO has 20% of sales....

.... in the UK, where the installbase difference is pretty small. Worldwide, the gap will be bigger, and the XBO will get a smaller share.

Snoopy said:
Swordmasterman said:

North America buys the most software generally and ratio should be higher here for x1. So it should easily help x1 version tremendously. 

I'm sorry Snoopy but you are dead fucking wrong. 

I know people that bought XBones just for halo and they REFUSED to play FFXV on the xb1. They literally bought a ps4 (pro) just for the game because they didn't want to play some shitty blurry version of a mainline Final Fantasy.

Moderated - Starcraft

Swordmasterman said:
Zkuq said:

The game has a Wii U version too now?

3+3.5= 6.5

The PS4 has over 3.5 out of 6.5

Ah, UK numbers it is then, I guess. For some reason, I was using worldwide numbers for consoles... I guess I forgot the numbers for this game were for the UK here. :P And as you can see, your 55% happens to coincide with the worldwide market share of PS4 as seen on the front page here, so that number didn't stop me to think more than that.

Snoopy said:
Aura7541 said:

That percentage applies to the UK only and the split is going in line with Type-0's ratios, though this time Microsoft marketed FFXV when it didn't for Type-0. I believe Type-0's worldwide ratio was 90% PS4/10% XBO.

Opportunity costs will also go into play. Would Square want to put in manpower, money, and time on porting to a console whose JRPG fanbase is tiny or allocate those things towards their future big titles for platforms that have much larger JRPG fanbases (e.g. PS4, PC)?

Porting is very easy now days because Xbox one and PS4 have same architecture and hardly cost any money to do so. The ff engine does all the leg work so to speak. People are acting like they have to redo the graphics/sounds/code.

The architectures makes it easier to port, but not necessarily easy. This is especially true if the PS4 version is taken priority and I can imagine that downporting is more difficult than upporting since the developer will have to make several compromises.

Snoopy said:
Swordmasterman said:

The ratios in the US and UK were identical for Type-0. Highly unlikely the ratio will be different in the US for FFXV.