By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 PS4 sales stomp all over the Xbox One version

LudicrousSpeed said:
Random_Matt said:
Xbox gamers like shooters and racers.

You should probably check out the PS4 best sellers list, its loaded with shooters and once GT launches it will be up there too, lol.

On topic, I am utterly shocked FF sold more on PS4.

But with the PS4's larger userbase and variety of titles, the PS4 is less of a racer and shooter box.  

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Snoopy said:

The game sold around 5m supposedly ww without digital according to an article on n4g. If 15-20 percent is X1 sales and you include digital sales it should be over a million on x1 ww. Even if it isn't it still around 1 million which justifies the x1 version.

We dont know that for certain.... thats probably only in the US & UK maybe AUS.

World wide its probably closer to 10%.

That would mean 500k world wide for the Xbox One First week, but yeah even then thats probably enough to justify its x1 version.

The question is if theres enough demand on Xbox side, for them to make a scorpio port?

It's a long time after the release a year so it's probably unlikely and the only thing I could see is a small patch to uncap the framerate from 30 to 60 on the Scorpio as it would not take any work and the console would be more than powerfull enough to run it at 60fps with it's current graphics settings.

As you say 500k FW on Xbox alone would justify it's port and at the end of the day if it sells something like 1m-1.5m lifetime on Xbox that is massive and could be the difference between FFXV barely breaking even and been profitable.

JRPGfan said:
Angelv577 said:
Not surprised at all. With Japan and the rest of Europe, it should put the ratio to more than 79/21.

I wouldnt be surprised if its like 90/10 split between PS4 & XB1, if you look at world wide sales.

Crazy domination worldwide.  just crazy to think it gets such a big share of Playstation focused titles.  like xbox focused titles such as destiny etc never do this.  and it's why SE were crazy not launching ROTR day 1 on ps4. it would have sold 3 times the xb1 version easily.  

Intrinsic said:
Bandorr said:

I can't tell if you are being serious, or sarcastic.

I'm currently assuming sarcastic.

Also much higher than I expected. I was thinking more like 1 out 8, or 10.

Well, a lot of xbox gamers seem to suggest that xbox gamers buy more digitally and that is why physivsl sales have dropped. So are you calling them liars? I choose to believe that these upstanding members of our community wouldn't resort to such lows, so I'm gonna take their word for face value. 

Which in turn means that these numbers don't really mean anything. If we looked at the digital sales Xbox probably destroyed PS4 sales. 

On another note, I think the whole preloading thing was an ingenious idea. Allowing people download the game 2-3 days before it's release date creates this strange sense of getting a game before it's released and being able to play it before anyone can go to a store and come back home. technically, if you hsve to wait for a store to open before you can buy it, preloading kinda means you get the game hours earlier than anyone else. 

That's why the top 3 sellers every year on AmazON are PS+ cards, and they also sell well everywhere else. That plus the ones that don't use them...I'd say PS has just as high digital numbers as Xbox 

Preston Scott

Kerotan said:
JRPGfan said:

I wouldnt be surprised if its like 90/10 split between PS4 & XB1, if you look at world wide sales.

Crazy domination worldwide.  just crazy to think it gets such a big share of Playstation focused titles.  like xbox focused titles such as destiny etc never do this.  and it's why SE were crazy not launching ROTR day 1 on ps4. it would have sold 3 times the xb1 version easily.  

what is an xbox focused title? cause im starting to think there is no such thing. Especially considering how much titles sell better across the board on PS4 no matter the genre it seems. Hell even Titanfall 2 is doing better on PS4 despite being a sequel to an actual Xbox title. There are PS focused games seeing as certain titles do better on PS systems no matter how much less its selling than the comp (Tekken 6 and FF13 come to mind from last gen)

Around the Network

Hardly surprising..

not to forget the PS4 userbase is a lot larger

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

foodfather said:
Its final fantasy... why would it well well on the xbox anyway?

Simple... its a well recieved game with a decent amount of advertising not to mention the ads that Microsoft carried BY THEMSELVES

And with the game generally selling very well, looks like Sony and Square will ride the wave together. The issue is that having Final Fantasy associated with PS4... and then having the game review so well, its obvious to see how Sony wins December.

Snoopy said:
Aura7541 said:

The architectures makes it easier to port, but not necessarily easy. This is especially true if the PS4 version is taken priority and I can imagine that downporting is more difficult than upporting since the developer will have to make several compromises.

The ratios in the US and UK were identical for Type-0. Highly unlikely the ratio will be different in the US for FFXV.

Ms didn't nor anyone advertise ff zero here in the states. That and Ms been getting huge boosts in the states lately before ff zero came out. 

Also, no one cares about ff zero.

You do realize that that argument makes the FFXV ratio even worse than it appears, right? The Type-0 ratio in the UK was 80% PS4/20% XBO with neither company advertising the game. The FFXV ratio in the UK is about the same, but this time, Microsoft has been advertising the game for the XBO. Without Microsoft's marketing efforts, the ratio would be even more skewed towards the PS4.

No one cares about Type-0 and yet, the UK ratio is the same. The results prove that the sizes of Type-0 and FFXV do not affect the ratio.

Guys I have just handed out 3 - rather lenient - bans. This thread went to hell.

Next person that flames or trolls will receive no leniency whatsoever. Please. Discuss sales. Discuss them calmly. Take your fangoggles off and engage with arguments, not posters.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS