By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 PS4 sales stomp all over the Xbox One version

Not surprising, people associate FF with Play Station

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

Cherry picking again?

Gameplay over graphics every day and any day. Also, the for will approve on Xbox Scorpio easily and be more stable.

Go back and check my previous edited post with links.  You called out Digital Foundry.  Even they said the PS3 version was the overall better version.  The PS3 version of FFXIII had both graphics AND gameplay.  Same goes with FFXV.

And the sky is blue lol

Honestly, did anyone expect otherwise. Final Fantasy, and JRPG's in general, have never been huge sellers on the XB brand.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

LivingMetal said:
Snoopy said:

Gameplay over graphics every day and any day. Also, the for will approve on Xbox Scorpio easily and be more stable.

Go back and check my previous edited post with links.  You called out Digital Foundry.  Even they said the PS3 version was the overall better version.  The PS3 version of FFXIII had both graphics AND gameplay.  Same goes with FFXV.

We were talking about ff15 and df said Xbox 1 version runs better.

Aura7541 said:
Snoopy said:

Porting is very easy now days because Xbox one and PS4 have same architecture and hardly cost any money to do so. The ff engine does all the leg work so to speak. People are acting like they have to redo the graphics/sounds/code.

The architectures makes it easier to port, but not necessarily easy. This is especially true if the PS4 version is taken priority and I can imagine that downporting is more difficult than upporting since the developer will have to make several compromises.

Snoopy said:

North America buys the most software generally and ratio should be higher here for x1. So it should easily help x1 version tremendously. 

The ratios in the US and UK were identical for Type-0. Highly unlikely the ratio will be different in the US for FFXV.

Ms didn't nor anyone advertise ff zero here in the states. That and Ms been getting huge boosts in the states lately before ff zero came out. 

Also, no one cares about ff zero.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Aura7541 said:

The architectures makes it easier to port, but not necessarily easy. This is especially true if the PS4 version is taken priority and I can imagine that downporting is more difficult than upporting since the developer will have to make several compromises.

The ratios in the US and UK were identical for Type-0. Highly unlikely the ratio will be different in the US for FFXV.

Ms didn't nor anyone advertise ff zero here in the states. That and Ms been getting huge boosts in the states lately before ff zero came out. 

Also, no one cares about ff zero.

so how will the ratio be worldwide. Cause MS did bundle FF13 with 360 and had exclusive ads and it still got trounced by the PS3 version. You expect better now that xone has sold significantly less than PS4? 

Snoopy said:
Angelv577 said:

Where did you see the 1m fw for xb1?  don't tell me digital without any proof.

The game sold around 5m supposedly ww without digital according to an article on n4g. If 15-20 percent is X1 sales and you include digital sales it should be over a million on x1 ww. Even if it isn't it still around 1 million which justifies the x1 version.

We dont know that for certain.... thats probably only in the US & UK maybe AUS.

World wide its probably closer to 10%.

That would mean 500k world wide for the Xbox One First week, but yeah even then thats probably enough to justify its x1 version.

The question is if theres enough demand on Xbox side, for them to make a scorpio port?

Random_Matt said:
Xbox gamers like shooters and racers.

You should probably check out the PS4 best sellers list, its loaded with shooters and once GT launches it will be up there too, lol.

On topic, I am utterly shocked FF sold more on PS4.

Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

We were talking about ff15 and df said Xbox 1 version runs better.

It doesn't matter because the only way your statement would have any substance is if the PS4 version was unplayable which isn't true. 

Hmm, my guess that the ps4 version would do 80% of the game's sales may have been a tad on the low side, considering it's basically that in the Xbox's second-highest market alone.