By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft 30th Anniversary Video Has Mario, Luigi And Toad In Rabbids Form

Darwinianevolution said:
BraLoD said:

Should have gone full Mario x Rayman.
Mario & Rayman RPG could be fucking amazing.

A MarioxRayman hybrid between platformer and RPG would have been really great! Why did Ubisoft think Rabbids would be better?

Well we can't know that until we actually see a game.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Platina said:
Pretty neat, but I don't really care much about the Rabbid series :/

Should have gone full Mario x Rayman.
Mario & Rayman RPG could be fucking amazing.

You're going to take the Rabbids crossover and you're going to LIKE IT.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

arthurchan35 said:
Why Ubisoft is so friendly to Nintendo, the only ubi game franchise sales well on Nintendo platform is Just Dance.....

And Rayman

DélioPT said:
Darwinianevolution said:
This thing is going to become true, is it? Well, at least it's not the worst crossover possible.

Well, there was a rumour about a Starfox vs Metroid game.

Mario x Rabbids doesn't sound that bad now, does it? :D

The same feeling that people had when the first Mario x Sonic crossover was announced long, long ago. And when the Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei crossover was announced in 2013.

Both came in unexpected forms but, in the end, Mario and Sonic sports games are fun and sell reasonably well while Tokyo Mirage Sessions came to be an enjoyable, polished and highly recommended RPG.

An eventual Mario and Rabbids crossover will probably be a quirky, humorous take on the RPG genre, it may be fun. 

Rogerioandrade said:
DélioPT said:

Well, there was a rumour about a Starfox vs Metroid game.

Mario x Rabbids doesn't sound that bad now, does it? :D

The same feeling that people had when the first Mario x Sonic crossover was announced long, long ago. And when the Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei crossover was announced in 2013.

Both came in unexpected forms but, in the end, Mario and Sonic sports games are fun and sell reasonably well while Tokyo Mirage Sessions came to be an enjoyable, polished and highly recommended RPG.

An eventual Mario and Rabbids crossover will probably be a quirky, humorous take on the RPG genre, it may be fun. 

I think the Mario and Sonic reaction was more of a shock due to it's rivalry.

The rest, yeah, might have sounded strange to people.
I've only played (one) Fire Emblem game so i don't know how weird the combination could be.
They are both RPGs, right?

I agree. They might be going with the "quirky, humorous" attitude.
I played Superstar Saga on GBA and the game had it's moments!

Around the Network

Is there even anybody who liked the Rabbid nonsense from Ubisoft? Nintendo and Ubisoft should make a good game together and not this. 

Dr.Vita said:

Is there even anybody who liked the Rabbid nonsense from Ubisoft? Nintendo and Ubisoft should make a good game together and not this. 

I think it could be a pretty fun crossover. Especially as an RPG.  Rabbids invading the Mushroom Kingdom, so Mario, Rayman and other good guys from each franchise team up to take them down. The boss fights could be cool with all those crazy things the Rabbids build and they could team up with bad guys like Bowser and Wario.

BraLoD said:
DélioPT said:

I agree. They might be going with the "quirky, humorous" attitude.

I played Superstar Saga on GBA and the game had it's moments!

That game is amazing.

That's probably the first RPG i actually enjoyed.
I never finished it, though: i reached a part of the game... in a castle i think... but i just couldn't move past that so i dropped it. Had a lot of fun with it!

Dr.Vita said:

The question is why rabbids. A Mario X Rayman crossover can be a great platformer-RPG, but they didn't choose it, they chose Rabbids, wihch makes as much sense as making a Mario X Minions crossover (M&M? please, never become a thing). I can't see Nintendo making this choice, this has to have been Ubi's idea. What are they trying to accomplish here? Are they trying to get the Rabbids IP popular again through this?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Those Rabbids do not look appealing to me at all.. I wonder if the rumors about that crossover are true then