By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why Bernie Sanders wouldn't have won against Donald Trump in the election.

fatslob-:O said:
deskpro2k3 said:

A lot of people were registered as independent, and so they couldn't vote for Bernie Sanders even though they wanted to. Feel the bern.

just for the lulz

*snip*

Then how do you explain why Clinton won more open primary contests compared to Sanders ? (13-10) 

your guess is as good as mine, but It doesn't change the fact that a lot of people that was independent still didn't get to vote for bernie in other states.

The states listed below utilize open primaries/caucuses for presidential nominating contests.

• Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • California (Democrats, American Independents, and Libertarians only)
  • Georgia
  • Idaho (Democrats only)
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah (Democrats only)
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington (Democrats only)
  • Wisconsin

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

A lot of people were registered as independent, and so they couldn't vote for Bernie Sanders even though they wanted to. Feel the bern.

just for the lulz

This is the best pic I've seen all month.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Barkley said:

Or maybe you could stop being so clearly affected by people suggesting sanders would have won, resulting in you creating this thread where you claim that your speculation proves that Sanders potentially beating Trump is a myth.

What a great post to contribute in this thread ... 

It was a great contribution to the thread.

He explained perfectly why the thread fails. Nothing more needs to be added after this.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Sanders would have won against Trump and that is irrefutable.

Its hard to tell...

I think the Blue Wall would have held but its possible but I doubt SC and FL would have gone to him.

Either way it would be close.

Around the Network

I don't like to be in these kind of threads but I'm just here to say my piece and leave. DO NOT QUOTE ME CAUSE i'M NOT COMING BACK.

Bernie appealed to the factory workers who lost their jobs, just like trump did. He was as anti-establishment as you could get and knew the problems people were facing which is why his message was resonating so well among the one set of voters who usually stay home. Millennials. The states that were lost to trump would have gone to Sanders, and even Florida might have gone his way. The Populist candidate would have won, the real populist candidate. Bernie was up in polls an average of 10 points above trump, way above the margin of error. Bernie's track record is virtually spotless compared to Hillary so all the attacks trump used against her would have failed against him. The debates would not have turned into who can do the better name calling either. Would Bernie have beaten trump? Yes. By a landslide.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Good thing Hillary left.

I dislike that Chicago style politics they practised.

"I am for the average person, but spent my entire life doing shady stuff but hey it was not illegal!"

Barkley said:

Can we please move on from the myth that Sanders would've beaten Trump now ? 

Or maybe you could stop being so clearly affected by people suggesting sanders would have won, resulting in you creating this thread where you claim that your speculation proves that Sanders potentially beating Trump is a myth.

This.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nah, I think Sanders is great and would be a good president, but Trump would have easily beat him. All he had to do was call him a commie and the masses would panic.

Hillary lost simply because the FBI chose to go out and say they had found new emails (that unsurprisingly turned out to be nothing). That much is clear from the polls, even when accounting for the very visible error margin that the election itself proved that the polls had. So suggesting that anything else than a Trump win was out of the question is ridiculous.