By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why I just honestly don't like Nintendo :/

Bodhesatva said:
fishamaphone said:
and the D-pad, and shoulder buttons, and effective wireless controllers.

Good points. Can you think of any notable hardware innovations from Sony or Microsoft? I'm curious, because I can't think of a single one. 

I personally have always thought of Nintendo as the innovators, and Sony and Microsoft as the streamliners. Nintendo invents: Sony and Microsoft polish. 

Polish implies something thats better though.

Around the Network

Dual analogs were better than one cheap one that broke all the time. Dual shoulder triggers were better than a single set. etc. etc. To the original point - Legend I don't see a problem with either thread, I didn't lock the original thread you made and I can't seem to find it but I don't recall having a problem with that one either, maybe you caught a mod in a bad mood that day. ;>

Bodhesatva said:
fishamaphone said:
and the D-pad, and shoulder buttons, and effective wireless controllers.

Good points. Can you think of any notable hardware innovations from Sony or Microsoft? I'm curious, because I can't think of a single one.

Well I guess Microsoft created the guide button, and Sony created the web cam for consoles. Not sure if that last one even counts though...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

LOL. I'm a Nintendo supporter, and I approve of this thread. :) Seriously, well done Legend.

I don't hate nintendo but its not for me, I love the graphics on my 360 and when I play wii with my wife (yes i do own a wii) its fun for the first 15 minutes, once again its just me. I think nintendo Wii will win the race but I own 23 360 game and only 3 wii games, so you can notice who i'm supporting. About sony, I don't like them very much but of course I'll buy a PS3 as soon as the price drops, great games are coming to the PS3 also. And on the innovation point of view, nintendo kept using cartridges when PS1 was using CD, I didn't know about snes online but I can tell you that MS change that for ever and another thing, the wii is not an invention from nintendo, those things have been around for a while, using it on a console is what is relevant. I love my 360, maybe I'm the only one but I LOVE IT

Around the Network

it's wonderful to nintendo fuck up all the competition once again, they've been pissed on for many years, it's their time now, go nintendo!!

DKII said:
Dual analogs were better than one cheap one that broke all the time. Dual shoulder triggers were better than a single set. etc. etc.

Yep, this is true. I definitely preferred the PS2 controller for this reason.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I have my qualms about each company, so I'll visit each of these threads and tell you my opinion.

With Nintendo, frankly I'm upset because of what we could've had if their systems were a bit more powerful under the hood.

A game like Zelda: TP on the 360/PS3 could have awesome physics, massive numbers of enemies on screen, gorgeous animations, HD textures, 5.1 surround sound, HDR lighting, etc. It would make the game, not only great to play, but that much more immersive because of how ridiculously beautiful it was.

Little Big Planet ... you can't tell me that game doesn't appeal to the Nintendo audience. Technically, it would have to go through some serious downgrades to work on Wii hardware.

And with more power, more games would cross-platform. We could have Rainbow Six games, GTA, Devil May Cry, and on and on and on.

It would be the system to bring everyone together, Graphics and Gameplay. Wouldn't it be glorious?

Gballzack said:

How Dare Nintendo make a product that is quality tested and affordable! Dammit! I want Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound and 1080dpi for the highest price imagineable on a console with a shelf life of two years before it burns out and I have to buy a new one! I don't want a fucking console with fun games or innovation, screw that, I want games that look superficially good and take 6 hours to beat so I can sell them back less than a week after I buy them new! Fuck Nintendo, who the fuck do they think they are! They act like they've been around longer than anyone else, fucking pretencious asses! If it wasn't for all those fucking toddlers with 50 dollar a week allowances i can garantee you the Wii wouldn't be selling as good as it is now, no sir! I only play games where you get to rape and murder people with exploding penis guns and jet pack around in death arenas riding on the backs of vehicles fashioned from photo-realistic blood, to hell if I'm gonna have to play a system that sounds like a little kid's word for "penis". It shouldn't even be considered a game if its rated anything beneath "M".

I find it hard to disagree with anything you just said.

"It shouldn't even be considered a game if its rated anything beneath "M"." I'm going to give a quote from the wonderful Brian Hastings: "One of Sony’s biggest advantages is that it has strong franchises in every genre. Whereas Microsoft’s successful titles are mostly M-rated, and Nintendo’s are mostly E-rated, Sony has a big list of hit titles across the spectrum. When a 30-something gamer (like me) goes to buy a game console, it’s a lot easier to justify the purchase when there are games he can play with his kids as well as more mature stuff. To Microsoft’s credit, they are doing a good job of catching up. The acquisition of Rare and the development of Viva Pinata have helped to broaden their spectrum. But it takes time to build a franchise, and Sony has been building their suite of titles for over a decade. Consider the breadth, success and critical acclaim of some of their exclusive properties: The Getaway, God of War, Gran Turismo, Hot Shots Golf, Jak and Daxter, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, Singstar, Sly Cooper, SOCOM, and Twisted Metal. These are all million-plus sellers worldwide that are either already announced or likely to appear on PS3. Add to this Sony’s new line up of first-party titles, including Heavenly Sword, Lair, Motorstorm, Resistance: Fall of Man, Uncharted and White Knight Story, and they have an even deeper and stronger line-up than what they had on PS2." Another one: "OK, this one’s going to be controversial, but I have to say it. I like [Company X] a lot. I think [Company X] has innovated far more than any other company in the industry. And I think the [Console X] is really, really fun. But… let me relate to you a story that may sound familiar: Your friend Reggie invites you over for a [Console X] Party. It’s awesome. You and your friends partake in whatever beverages are legally appropriate for your age group. The next day everyone who went to the party rushes out and buys a [Console X] . A week later Reggie hosts another [Console X] Party. This time only half the group comes. It’s still fun, but there isn’t quite as much shoving to get at the [Console X]mote. The next week Reggie hosts another [Console X] Party. You tell him you have bird flu."

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk