By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why I just honestly don't like Nintendo :/

gentian said:
What's the big deal. I am a Nintendoid (only Gamecube and Wii) but really, I've no problem with Legend11's post. The analogy of Nintendo with Soviet Union is cute, and it's a nice spoof of the Sony thread. Nintendo were Sovietesque in the NES days (from what I've read), i.e. you do it our way or not at all, and we certainly don't have a free market or anything. And the points about the Wii are valid (online is garbage, sound and video are weak) and made in an amusing way. If this kind of stuff is flamebait, it's the people who respond who are at fault, not the originator. Look, it's not reasoned argument, it's Daily Show stuff, and it's funny, and it's fine. If you don't like it, argue why Nintendo is not like the Soviet Union and get on with it.

No problem with the thread but I do have a problem with the putting down the online stuff.Haven't even gotten online games in America (1). You don't need to have friends with a majority of games there's random matches same as anybody else from what I've seen (2). It's not like you're being charged and friend codes mostly replace SN's you don't really need those for nintendo{makes me wonder why they don't just use SN's but mreh whatever} It's just not a large enough annoyance for me to care honestly.. friend code, SN same crap just ones a little harder to memorize.(3)

Just a thought.

Around the Network
souixan said:
gentian said:
What's the big deal. I am a Nintendoid (only Gamecube and Wii) but really, I've no problem with Legend11's post. The analogy of Nintendo with Soviet Union is cute, and it's a nice spoof of the Sony thread. Nintendo were Sovietesque in the NES days (from what I've read), i.e. you do it our way or not at all, and we certainly don't have a free market or anything. And the points about the Wii are valid (online is garbage, sound and video are weak) and made in an amusing way. If this kind of stuff is flamebait, it's the people who respond who are at fault, not the originator. Look, it's not reasoned argument, it's Daily Show stuff, and it's funny, and it's fine. If you don't like it, argue why Nintendo is not like the Soviet Union and get on with it.

No problem with the thread but I do have a problem with the putting down the online stuff.Haven't even gotten online games in America (1). You don't need to have friends with a majority of games there's random matches same as anybody else from what I've seen (2). It's not like you're being charged and friend codes mostly replace SN's you don't really need those for nintendo{makes me wonder why they don't just use SN's but mreh whatever} It's just not a large enough annoyance for me to care honestly.. friend code, SN same crap just ones a little harder to memorize.(3)

Just a thought.

No, you don't understand, while I was trying to memorize my wii friend code I wasn't paying attention and my best friend was hit by a car and died! I'll never forgive the fucking Wii, EVER!!! Yet while creating my SN for the PS3 I coincidentally found three million dollars wedged underneath my sofa. Thank you Sony. I don't think anyone needs any further proof that Friend codes are just a bad idea and should be illegal.

wiiiiiiiiii lol love it, Maybe next time you can leave out MS. Hey is someone going to do Why I hate xbox 360 it's only fair :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
wiiiiiiiiii lol love it, Maybe next time you can leave out MS. Hey is someone going to do Why I hate xbox 360 it's only fair :P

No, this thread was an inevitable pathetic counter attack against another thread that could have easily just been ignored. this was not so much a joke thread as it was a, "ho ho, take that you darn Sony hater, aren't I clevar lolz!" thread

diamuerto said:
Ok, it's 6 in da mornin. I'm really haveing to bed now. And I'm going to........who hell are YOU TO SAY THIS IS THE BEST THREA....aahhh I don't have anymore energy for this.

It's just a joke. Sorry if i ruined your day :P

I love nintendo products. I have every single Nintendo console except virtual boy.

(i alway have other consoles like PS2, xbox..etc) 

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

Random thought here. I'm just not really a fan of Nintendo. They're kinda like the Soviet Union of electronics world. People claim they have invented everything (and perhaps they did) and they put their opinions everywhere they can. I like companies that push the limits of technology. Companies that have a reputation of being on the cutting edge.

-Want good sound in your console? Microsoft and Sony actually have 5.1 sound.

-Want nice graphics? Microsoft and Sony's consoles graphics have excellent quality.

-Want good online gaming? Microsoft and Sony again. And you don't have to deal with ridiculous friend codes.

Then there's Nintendo. They want to make everything cheap and backwards. They want to make handhelds with old technology and consoles that are barely if even better than the previous generation. And you know what they say, you don't need new technology, just pay for almost the same console over again that we repackage with a new controller, sure it ends up being one expensive console controller when you realize we could have just packaged it for the gamecube but what the heck.

Then there's Nintendo's comments about online and everything else about gaming. They tell us we don't want online, exactly who are they to tell us what we want? This isn't the Soviet Union or Communist China maybe we should be allowed to say what we want without the party faithful getting upset and telling us we're wrong.

Microsoft and Sony are the exception though. While these companies have successfully (temporarily) defeated the Nintendo empire, Nintendo keeps showing up again and keeping the entire industry back so that they can make a lot more profit off the consumers.

/rant

Why I just honestly don't like Nintendo :/

First, let me say, Legend, that you're certainly welcome to your opinion and I'm glad you expressed it.

But let me point out that the key here is that you personally happen to care a great deal about cutting edge technology. When Nintendo says: "People don't tend to care about the best graphics," they don't literally mean nobody at all -- they just mean most people don't, in a general sense. And if Wii/DS sales are any indication, they're right. In this case, "most people" doesn't mean you, and that's totally fine.

And second, Nintendo really did invent almost all of the key (hardware) pillars of gaming (even if that bothers you). The NES in itself was an accomplishment, not to mention the Rumble Pack, the Analog Stick, and now the Wii Remote. My biggest problem with Sony and Microsoft is that they've basically added zero innovation to the industry: they just make things bigger, faster, and more graphically intense -- which is important, but not innovative. Sony, in particular, just steals Nintendo's innovations the every time (they added the Rumble and Analog for PS2, and did a mediocre attempt at a Wii-mote for PS3). 

With all that said, I personally think Microsoft will end ahead in this market. Not necessarily now, but eventually. Just my opinons. Please, do respond if you'd like, because I respect your opinion and I'm interested in this conversation. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

First, let me say, Legend, that you're certainly welcome to your opinion and I'm glad you expressed it.

But let me point out that the key here is that you personally happen to care a great deal about cutting edge technology. When Nintendo says: "People don't tend to care about the best graphics," they don't literally mean nobody at all -- they just mean most people don't, in a general sense. And if Wii/DS sales are any indication, they're right. In this case, "most people" doesn't mean you, and that's totally fine.

And second, Nintendo really did invent almost all of the key (hardware) pillars of gaming (even if that bothers you). The NES in itself was an accomplishment, not to mention the Rumble Pack, the Analog Stick, and now the Wii Remote. My biggest problem with Sony and Microsoft is that they've basically added zero innovation to the industry: they just make things bigger, faster, and more graphically intense -- which is important, but not innovative. Sony, in particular, just steals Nintendo's innovations the every time (they added the Rumble and Analog for PS2, and did a mediocre attempt at a Wii-mote for PS3). 

With all that said, I personally think Microsoft will end ahead in this market. Not necessarily now, but eventually. Just my opinons. Please, do respond if you'd like, because I respect your opinion and I'm interested in this conversation. 

Don't forget Nintendo was the first to make four controllers the standard (N64) and the first to have a standard for quality control in what games were released (NES) sparing the gaming market a third crash. Not to mention Nintendo had the first online console, the SNES, Sattelaview anyone? 

Bravo for the well typed post.

Legend11 said:

Then there's Nintendo. They want to make everything cheap and backwards. They want to make handhelds with old technology and consoles that are barely if even better than the previous generation. And you know what they say, you don't need new technology, just pay for almost the same console over again that we repackage with a new controller, sure it ends up being one expensive console controller when you realize we could have just packaged it for the gamecube but what the

Maybe Nintendo is just trying to make what people want.  Judging by the sales, maybe they were correct.  

At least they weren't caught red-handed lieing about their system's up-and-coming capabilities like a certain company has when other systems were launched first (dreamcast, xbox 360).  At least they don't generate propaganda to deny the retail status of their consoles (the sales numbers are low because they're not staying on shelves anywhere for more than 5 minutes -- Tretton).

When I look at the level of deception, disthonest propaganda and outright lies eminating from Sony, it makes me wonder why you choose to compare Nintendo to the Soviet regime and not Sony.

and the D-pad, and shoulder buttons, and effective wireless controllers.

fishamaphone said:
and the D-pad, and shoulder buttons, and effective wireless controllers.

Good points. Can you think of any notable hardware innovations from Sony or Microsoft? I'm curious, because I can't think of a single one.

I personally have always thought of Nintendo as the innovators, and Sony and Microsoft as the streamliners. Nintendo invents: Sony and Microsoft polish. Easiest example -- despite the fact that Nintendo may have invented everything mentioned above, I personally preferred the PS2 controller to the Gamecube one. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">