By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why I just honestly don't like Nintendo :/

ok mods... I think some certin people need talked about on the first page of this thread... that's just... plain horrible trolling.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Why Nintendo honestly doesn't like you.

Legend11 said:
Gballzack said:

IF Nintendo isn't giving people what they want, then why is it selling so well? Huh? Seriously, always justification after the fact with you delussional Nintendo haters. Considering their last console sold like shit, how do you figure they're forcing horrible business practices on the consumer now that they're actually doing good?

How are people are showing their dissaproval of what Nintendo is giving them when the Wii won't stop flying off store shelves. Listen, its simple logic, If the Graphics are too expensive to make happen without inflating the production cost and thus console cost, then the market was obviously not meant to go there. Nintendo was simply doing what was logical and within the means of the economy. Sony and Microsoft are building increasingly expensive machines just to eek out what little bit extra potential they can over the last gen and charge you more for it. Nintendo is actually doing what is smart, economical, consumer friendly, and most importantly, successful.

How about you tell me how putting Blu-Ray into the PS3 is giving the consumer what they want? How can the consumer want something that doesn't even have a market yet and is facing a format war?! How is the 360 what the consumer wants when they can't even sell half a million in Japan?

1. I'm not a Nintendo hater.  In fact in many of my posts I've said good things about Nintendo.  I just feel there's room for both powerful consoles and weaker ones.  If some people want and can afford high-end consoles then whats the harm in providing them?  Why can't we all get along?  Why should we all have to conform under the Nintendo banner?

2. As for Blu-Ray I think it was a mistake.  I don't even own a PS3...  As for the 360 not selling in Japan, well it's a different market, do you live in Japan?  No?  Then why should it matter what they like?  And at least Microsoft is trying, they've funded at least 4 Japanese RPGs and there's rumors of them funding a Japanese MMORPG... 

3. ps.  Sometimes being a fanboy makes people think that their way is the only way when it's simply not the case.  I hope you're not just a fanboy (or fangirl).

1. If your mentality all along was "live and let live" then why start spouting such nonsense as Nintendo wasn't giving the consumer what they wanted because the consumer wanted bigger and badder graphics? Odd to see you backtracking. Also, no one is declairing any edicts of conformity, no one is even saying all systems should have the same graphics as the Wii, just that it was the most logical decision and thus the most ethical. The fact of the matter remains though, Nintendo is doing more things right as oppossed to things wrong in comparison to any of the three and its showing in their success.

If Sony and MS want to create their own standard of graphics by building ridiculously expensive machines, that's fine, but don't hold Nintendo to that standard and call them backwards simply because they chose to stay the course. If the PS3 and 360 graphics were truely next gen they wouldn't have needed to inflate the economic standard of 200-300 dollars a unit to 400-600 dollars. Next gen is what's can be done within the limits of the current technological economy, not what can be done regardless of the cost. Sorry the Wii's graphics aren't that impressive, but technology has plateaud and the only way it can go any farther at this point is by doing what MS and Sony have done and make ridiculously expensive pseudo-computers. And if your argument is that these more expensive machines are what the consumer wants, I think the Wii and its sales would beg to differ.

2. Japan is still the consumer, and by your logic should apply just as equally in this discussion of what the consumer wants, its a tad late to make an exception to the rule for your own benefit. "Trying" doesn't equal giving the consumer what they want either. Nintendo tried with the Gamecube, but obviously that wasn't what the consumer wanted, at least not the majority. If this discussion was about company's trying, then I'd say they're all winners for trying, but that an obvious moot point and more importantly wasn't what the discussion was about to begin with, now was it. This discussion is about what business practices the companies partake in and what unscrupulous acts some have tried to get away with, not the fact that they tried in the first place.

3. I feel I've presented a compelling argument in adressing the issues you've brought up, if you want to label that fanboyism, go right ahead, but it does little more than to illustrate your dodging the argument.