By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why I just honestly don't like Nintendo :/

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Gballzack said:
And with both lacking any clue as how to make gaming inovative (aside from turning console gaming more and more into PC gaming) they simply compete the only way they know how by making bigger and ever more graphically outlandish systems

Well maybe that's because it's WHAT THEIR CUSTOMERS WANT... *Gasp* They actually listen to what their customers want instead of actually telling them what they want (well in Microsoft's case anyways).  Damn them to hell!!!  Why can't they be more like Nintendo and just tell customers what they want?  Damn customers don't need a good online experience, etc...  That's what we want companies to do, tell us what to think...

Look maybe graphics mean nothing to you and I'm happy for you that you're enjoying your Wii, they actually do look fun, but there are some of us that have HD tvs and actually enjoy good graphics to go along with good games and expecially in some of the genres some of us play.  That's not to say all Wii games don't have good graphics (some of them have fairly good graphics) just they we might want a bit more than what's possible on it and last gen machines.

IF Nintendo isn't giving people what they want, then why is it selling so well? Huh? Seriously, always justification after the fact with you delussional Nintendo haters. Considering their last console sold like shit, how do you figure they're forcing horrible business practices on the consumer now that they're actually doing good?

How are people are showing their dissaproval of what Nintendo is giving them when the Wii won't stop flying off store shelves. Listen, its simple logic, If the Graphics are too expensive to make happen without inflating the production cost and thus console cost, then the market was obviously not meant to go there. Nintendo was simply doing what was logical and within the means of the economy. Sony and Microsoft are building increasingly expensive machines just to eek out what little bit extra potential they can over the last gen and charge you more for it. Nintendo is actually doing what is smart, economical, consumer friendly, and most importantly, successful.

How about you tell me how putting Blu-Ray into the PS3 is giving the consumer what they want? How can the consumer want something that doesn't even have a market yet and is facing a format war?! How is the 360 what the consumer wants when they can't even sell half a million in Japan?

Legend11 said:

Random thought here.  I'm just not really a fan of Nintendo.  They're kinda like the Soviet Union of electronics world.  People claim they have invented everything (and perhaps they did) and they put their opinions everywhere they can.  I like companies that push the limits of technology.  Companies that have a reputation of being on the cutting edge.

-Want good sound in your console?  Microsoft and Sony actually have 5.1 sound.

-Want nice graphics?   Microsoft and Sony's consoles graphics have excellent quality.

-Want good online gaming?  Microsoft and Sony again.  And you don't have to deal with ridiculous friend codes.

Then there's Nintendo.  They want to make everything cheap and backwards.  They want to make handhelds with old technology and consoles that are barely if even better than the previous generation.  And you know what they say, you don't need new technology, just pay for almost the same console over again that we repackage with a new controller, sure it ends up being one expensive console controller when you realize we could have just packaged it for the gamecube but what the heck.

Then there's Nintendo's comments about online and everything else about gaming.  They tell us we don't want online, exactly who are they to tell us what we want?  This isn't the Soviet Union or Communist China maybe we should be allowed to say what we want without the party faithful getting upset and telling us we're wrong.

Microsoft and Sony are the exception though.  While these companies have successfully (temporarily) defeated the Nintendo empire, Nintendo keeps showing up again and keeping the entire industry back so that they can make a lot more profit off the consumers.

/rant

Why I just honestly don't like Nintendo :/

Gatta be honest, not a big fan of rant topics. Basiclly just flame-baiting.

First, Nintendo did pretty much make everything. Most basic gaming periferals are Nintendo made. Now, what I hate is you say Nintendo is not holding the industry back. One could even say Microsoft and Sony are. They churn out the same system, only more powerful. The indusrty needs some change every now and then, and Nintendo offered it. Now games can(and in a way are) expanding out to new people for more money opprotunities.

I'm not a Nintendo hater. 

If so, then why did you make this post? This feels to much like flame bait then an actual disscusion.

Around the Network

^Fair enough. But, it seems like flame baiting not know of the other one.  Which forum is it under though?

I like technology, and I like good products. Given that, the OP was full of BS. Especially because Nintendo is pushing limits of technology, but XB360 and PS3 sure as hell are not. The examples given were pathetic too: - 5.1 soudn is NOT cutting edge, sorry, nd it doesn't push anything. Making Dolby Surround II sound like DD 5.1 would be pushing the limits of technology. Just outputting 5.1 sound is 10 years old technology that is not pushing anything. Besides, Nintendo probably doesn't do that because it's expensive licensing needed to do that; Add to that that not everybody has an AV amplifier, and that an even smaller set of people have an auto calibrating one. What? You believed you just had to have 6 speakers randomly spread out to have good sound? - Nice graphics? On consoles? What's this nonsense? If you care about graphics, you buy a PC, not a console. Especially if you want cutting edge. Consoles are NOT pushing graphics in the cutting edge area. Consoles are NOT the goal of HDTV either. Movies pushed HDTV, not consoles. PC pushed computer graphics, not consoles either. - Online gaming? OMG! Again, PC is what you need, if you want online gaming. You believe they use consoles in Korea? In short: consoles never were about pushing cutting edge technology, and they aren't. So many flaws in this OP, I don't know if I'll make it... Nintendo is NOT wanting to make everything backwards. That's complete nonsense. Pushing for smaller and smaller is the cutting edge trend. Having bigger and bigger equipment is NOT. So Nintendo is actually the only console maker going forward, the others are going backwards. Also, they make a silent console, which is not the case of the other two (at least Sony is trying). This is going forward. Nintendo goes on doing RELIABLE hardware, which is actually one of the things that sold me on the NGC. You know what RELIABLE mean? It means you'll keep your investment until it's amortized. This is going forward, preventing more earth pollution with defective products. As for the "wanting to make everything cheap" statement, sorry to tell you that that's what everyone wants. For handhelds, if you don't see what their value is (Nintendo ones), you're just hopeless. Even if this post is sarcasm againts another post, it's still so ridiculous, it's amazing. For online, Nintendo is probably right. They tried online before, and though vocal online fans cried doom if Nintendo didn't have online, the reality caught up when they tried it: this was a vocal minority after all. Online is mainly a USA and Korea thing. You need some framework before online can be viable : cheap broadband that lots of teens can then access easily. Friend codes are also what people want. But that's the same as for the Wiimote, the Wii name, the DS: lots of old hardcore gamer don't understand at all what consoles are about, and so can't understand what the appeal of all that is. When I first heard the name Wii, and saw the reactions, mainly by USA gamers, I shook my head in disbelief, saying to myself how could these people be gamers. Then, to say Nintendo have been defeated ever before is just delusional. Nintendo has always actually been the best empire, as money is what decides if you're defeated or not. Look at Sega for proof. Finally, I would like to say that's the first time I actually follow a console generation as much. I actually don't lurk forums so often, even rarely. But this time it's special to me. Not because I got back into gaming through Nintendo, but because since sth strange caught me this time. I learned of a new Nintendo console, and then said: "cool, perhaps I will have a new Fire Emblem". When I got back to news of it (months later), it was to learn that its nale was the Wii. And I looked in disbelief, at people arguing around a stupid name, despite this name being perfect. I thought this was fascinating, and that a lot of people needed to be proved wrong, for they was saying complete nonsense, and nonsense of the kind that could destroy console gaming entirely. I say it's fortunate, and I'm relieved now, that console gaming is once again going in the right direction. Now that I'm relieved, I mainly laugh at all the bitter tears meltdowns going on. To me, it's absolutely no wonder the japanese market was going so bad, and why the other consoles are rejected, and I don't think it's only a price matter. I can also say that, seeing from the inside how the european market is operated, I'm amazed it still holds together. I don't trust Nintendo EU to change anything either...

Legend11 said:
Gballzack said:
And with both lacking any clue as how to make gaming inovative (aside from turning console gaming more and more into PC gaming) they simply compete the only way they know how by making bigger and ever more graphically outlandish systems

Well maybe that's because it's WHAT THEIR CUSTOMERS WANT... *Gasp* They actually listen to what their customers want instead of actually telling them what they want (well in Microsoft's case anyways). Damn them to hell!!! Why can't they be more like Nintendo and just tell customers what they want? Damn customers don't need a good online experience, etc... That's what we want companies to do, tell us what to think...

Look maybe graphics mean nothing to you and I'm happy for you that you're enjoying your Wii, they actually do look fun, but there are some of us that have HD tvs and actually enjoy good graphics to go along with good games and expecially in some of the genres some of us play. That's not to say all Wii games don't have good graphics (some of them have fairly good graphics) just they we might want a bit more than what's possible on it and last gen machines.

the path is littered with the corpses of companies that listened to what the customers want. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Actually the grave yard of industry is littered with corpses of companies that keep using the same pattern with no change..