By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 sales are off to a rough start.

Pavolink said:

So, releasing as a timed exclusive on Xone was a bad decision according to some sony fans in this thread. It seems like some loves to live in fantasy worlds were everything must be only ps. Man, that would be the worst videogame future anyone can imagine...

There is reading between the lines, reading the lines and in your case fabricating things out of the lines. 

No one is speaking about every game. it's a fact that console / timed exclusivity has harmed some games. look at sf5. 

Around the Network

The reboot to me was very predictable and very easy and the story no to intriguingly.. so I wasn't to exited by TROTR

It got great reviews, and I just ordered a Pro, so I'll probably still pick it up. Great games are great games. But I'll definitely get it at a discount. Hope it doesn't kill the franchise as the reboot has been promising.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Most of us said this would happen..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Why are people happy to see a good game flop? That's some spiteful sh!t! I mean, I plan to pick it up eventually but right now I'm playing The Witcher III and I still have Uncharted 4 and Skyrim to go through. It was a very bad move on SE's part to do what it did but I won't celebrate the game underperforming because my console of choice is PS4. That's nasty...

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Fei-Hung said:

There is reading between the lines, reading the lines and in your case fabricating things out of the lines. 

No one is speaking about every game. it's a fact that console / timed exclusivity has harmed some games. look at sf5. 

SFV's case, I'd say, was far less about exclusivity and much more about content. The core game was fantastic and it launched at a good time, it was just lacking main features and modes, which was critical. The fanbase was also there, so, as I said prior to both releases, the situations aren't the same. That, and, well, Capcom was in a different financial situation than Square Enix. But, those things are for another topic, because now we're strayin'. :p

I know what you are saying, but I just used it as an example in context of Pavolinks comment and what he was getting at. 

So you've had a copy of SFV all this time and not told us?! I've still got my copy. play it every week when friends come over and still fight like a noob.

FentonCrackshell said:
Why are people happy to see a good game flop? That's some spiteful sh!t! I mean, I plan to pick it up eventually but right now I'm playing The Witcher III and I still have Uncharted 4 and Skyrim to go through. It was a very bad move on SE's part to do what it did but I won't celebrate the game underperforming because my console of choice is PS4. That's nasty...

I think it's more about looking at bad decisions which were made that led to where it is rather then celebrate it flopped. 

Afterall, now that Uncharted has finished, where else will PS fans thirsting for treasure hunts get their fix from? 

Loved the Tomb Raider reboot so much that I double dipped, so I'm probably gonna pick this up by the end of the year. It's not really surprising to see it selling less than the Xbox One version of the game when you consider it's a late port, so I don't understand at all why people are gloating about it.

Do we have any digital numbers, or European numbers?

FentonCrackshell said:
Why are people happy to see a good game flop? That's some spiteful shit!

Console wars, serious business.

FentonCrackshell said:

Agreed. It's a great game and I hope a lot of PS4 owners buy it. I bought it 2 times (360 + PS4)

Personally, I enjoyed it more than Uncharted 4.

FentonCrackshell said:

Not really happy to see a "good game" flop (I didn't like the 2013 game at all so I kinda disagree with the "good" game notion, but that's not the debate here).

But I'm rather happy, or a bit relieved, to see that awful decisions mean bad results. A lot of people said at the exclusivity announcement that it was a terrible business decision and a terrible decision for the IP. The fact that these decisions are proven wrong now and that the people responsible for it won't be in charge of the IP anymore can be seen as a silver lining. At least, it shouldn't happen again.