By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 sales are off to a rough start.

That's already too high a number. The game needs to crash and burn to show Square Enix that PS4 players won't accept being treated like second-class customers. I would fear for the future of gaming (if not the world itself) if gamers went out and massively bought this game.

Around the Network

Hahaha I called it!!!!!!

SE were such idiots not releasing this on their biggest marketplace at launch. The brand was in a good place and now it's been damaged by this whole fiasco. All for a quick buck.

I'm not surprised in the least ps4 players didn't rush out to buy this. Most would have gotten their fix from uncharted 4 instead which is GOTY material.

I'm one of those. After playing uncharted 4 I feel zero urge to buy this and will likely either get it free on ps plus or buy it for $10 on sale in future.

Weird that this didn't sell great on the PS4. I mean 1 year old ports are still a great effort by the developers.

I hope people get the irony of this comment

I mean it is to be expected for a full priced year-old port released with little to no marketing.
The XBO version did 176k for comparison.

Yeah its already down to 29 quid, so i'll probably pick it up now, but no way was I going to pay full buck for it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Good. I'm happy

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Kerotan said:
Hahaha I called it!!!!!!

SE were such idiots not releasing this on their biggest marketplace at launch. The brand was in a good place and now it's been damaged by this whole fiasco. All for a quick buck.

I'm not surprised in the least ps4 players didn't rush out to buy this. Most would have gotten their fix from uncharted 4 instead which is GOTY material.

I'm one of those. After playing uncharted 4 I feel zero urge to buy this and will likely either get it free on ps plus or buy it for $10 on sale in future.

Yep. Me too. Lots of us really. It's funny seeing this post because I just got home and saw it in at Wal-Mart and Best Buy for the first time today. I legit had no idea it was full priced. I just kinda assumed it would have a reduced price. Nope. I do hope sales pick up.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

i should be mad at SE and happy that it flopped, but the PS4 port was made by NixxesSoftware which they seem to be pretty good devs so i wish them success

Still did decent IMO. That pretty much locks it at 500k retail and DL in the US alone and way beyond a million for a year late port worldwide. Going to pick this one up from the bargain bin.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Good! Serves them right.

Now I'm going to wait for the price to drop drastically and pick it up :P