By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 sales are off to a rough start.

Thats a shame. Its a really good game.

Around the Network

Thats not bad... TBH they should have just put them both out at the same time. i didnt sell that well on X1 did it? i wonder if that deal between them and Microsoft was worth it after how well the first one did

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

Are people going to preted that there weren't people saying that the game would sell better on the PS4?

Of course not. I don't know what gotten into me.

PlayStation gamers are very fickle apparently. Had it come out on PS4 first, their would be no outcry. But since it was on Xbox One first, and it did better there in comparison, it's all "haha, that's what they get for treating us like 2nd class, so I'm not going to buy it"...like really? They gave you a beautifully repackaged version of the game, with all DLC and such and you people are still complaining?

Had it sold 200K first week, the comments would be "We all know PS is forever the home of Tomb Raider! serves Microsoft right for the timed exclusivity, should've released on PS4 in the first place beacuse we knew it would sell more"...

Its all very silly. Go ahead and kill a perfectly good game because sales are lower on PS4, or you had to wait a little longer to play it. That's fine. Go gamers!

ids down to 29 euro already in my country (netherlands, game mania this friday) this isa huge drop, I dind't see it in many top 10's, last I checked some charts it was behind Titanfall, so yeah, not the best for lara, which is sad, I love the franchise.

Personally I decided to buy it on PC, im pretty sure many others decided to pick it up on xbox or pc, a year is a long time. I hope for Square the check from Microsoft was large & they don't make any shady deals with the next entry.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Thats what happens when you fuck over you primary market. When you tell them you don't really care about them, they wouldn't really care about you.

Seriously whose idea was it? They saw how TR sold on the PS3 and even how it's remaster sold on the PS4 yet somehow thought it was a good idea to make the game exclusive to the XB1? Mind boggling.

Seems ok. Should perform quite ok in November being one of the premiere Pro titles. Worldwide 750k by years end?

But yeah, SE shot themselves in the foot. I'm sure MS gave them enough cash to not worry about hard sales but they've essentially stifled the franchises growth after a successful reboot and its now in decline lol.

They screwed over their biggest fan base (which is playstation side), for a bag of money from MS.
Alot of users got angry and went "f*** that". This isnt that surpriseing.

foodfather said:
Are people going to preted that there weren't people saying that the game would sell better on the PS4?
Of course not. I don't know what gotten into me.

I thought sales on the PS4 would be better than this.... it just shows you shouldnt p*** off your fan base, it hurts sales.

Well looks like SE learnt a thing or two from their exclusivity deal. Never screw with the fan base. 

Well, as people said, its a port of a game thats one year old and it still made 120k.It will still probably get a great boost from holidays and the Pro patch.Plus it all points to the game doing much better on Europe, so I wouldnt worry too much.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1