By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 sales are off to a rough start.

It's CAD 80 here for ps4 vs CAD 30 for XBox One version on sale now (Actually the 2nd hand version is CAD 45...) Pay $50 more for a port, right...

I've lost interest in the game atm anyway, will save it for a drought.

Around the Network

1. They got money for going to MS.
2. The holidays arent over, its still selling.
3. It already sold pretty damn well even before PS4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It's already listed at $25 or less on Black Friday, no one should buy the game until then.

Well, I was completely wrong.

The PS5 Exists. 

Serves Squenix right. If you kick half your audience to the curb for some sweet exclusive money, don't expect them to still support you a year later when you pretend like you still care about them.
It always breaks my heart to think of a development team putting their soul into a game and can't wait for the players to get their hands on it, when suddenly the publisher walks in counting out a thick wad of Ben Franklins and off handedly tells the dev team "Oh, half (or more) of the audience won't get to play it I'm afraid. We made sure of it."

Around the Network
tinfamous12 said:

PlayStation gamers are very fickle apparently. Had it come out on PS4 first, their would be no outcry. But since it was on Xbox One first, and it did better there in comparison, it's all "haha, that's what they get for treating us like 2nd class, so I'm not going to buy it"...like really? They gave you a beautifully repackaged version of the game, with all DLC and such and you people are still complaining?

Had it sold 200K first week, the comments would be "We all know PS is forever the home of Tomb Raider! serves Microsoft right for the timed exclusivity, should've released on PS4 in the first place beacuse we knew it would sell more"...

Its all very silly. Go ahead and kill a perfectly good game because sales are lower on PS4, or you had to wait a little longer to play it. That's fine. Go gamers!

It was well known that the game was in development for both consoles and then SE decided they didnt want to or couldnt afford dev, they sold out. I dont blame MS for taking the opportunity, sony probably turned them down.

But I wont reward that kind of behaviour, same as I wont reward the behaviour of Sony's partners doing paid for DLC a month before MS console, I hate how normal purchasers are punished for buying a game. SE release TR on PS3/PS4 and then had the audacity to screw the PS4 user base who had supported them, the have no one else to blame.

I certainly was not going to pay full price for a year old game, as thats what they've basically done. Seems I am not alone in that, surely thats the right of the market to decide.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Hopefully this teaches companies a lesson. I'd rather see Sony get rid of these stupid 3rd party timed exclusives as well. I can't stress how much I hate them.

Yeah this probably wasn't the best idea. Anyway I am too just waiting for it to come down in price, new on PS4 or not it just feels like an old game that I shouldn't buy for full price. I love the whole 20th anniversary edition they have going though, I want that.

Good.

tinfamous12 said:

PlayStation gamers are very fickle apparently. Had it come out on PS4 first, their would be no outcry. But since it was on Xbox One first, and it did better there in comparison, it's all "haha, that's what they get for treating us like 2nd class, so I'm not going to buy it"...like really? They gave you a beautifully repackaged version of the game, with all DLC and such and you people are still complaining?

Had it sold 200K first week, the comments would be "We all know PS is forever the home of Tomb Raider! serves Microsoft right for the timed exclusivity, should've released on PS4 in the first place beacuse we knew it would sell more"...

Its all very silly. Go ahead and kill a perfectly good game because sales are lower on PS4, or you had to wait a little longer to play it. That's fine. Go gamers!

Singling out PlayStaton gamers is laughable. This situation is not unique to the Playstation platform. Late ports selling poorly is the norm not the exception. SE made really poor decision and unfortunately a good game is suffering the consequences.