By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why updated ports make sense for Nintendo fans

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

You're right, i dont know all the 3DS games coming in 2017, but it is highly unlikely Nintendo is going to release any major titles for it.

What we know of currently are Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Sports Superstars, Ever Oasis & Pikmin. They are also publishing Dragon Quest VIII and likely Yokai Watch 3 in the west.

None of those are major releases and will be lucky to sell 1 million.

Obviously releasing big games shortly after the mobile versions release is the best course of action. Sure releasing further along can work but thebshorter timeframe is more ideal for maximum affect.

Most of the games released for WiiU and 3DS in the last year would be lucky to get 1 million sales.(Games like Pokemon Sun/Moon aside of course)

I just dont like the practise of using older games to sell your new console.

Again I have said that I would be ok with these ports if they have about twice as much content as they had at their original launch.

You do realize multiple Nintendo published 3DS/Wii U games released in the last 12 months sold over a million right?

Twilight Princess HD, Pokken Tournament, Fire Emblem Fates, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

and yes, you have repeated yourself a dozen times and I still disagree with you.

than why keep asking the same questions over and over again?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:

Didnt help during the WiiU when they actually released games for it, so I dont know. They still have games for the 3DS coming, they have new mobile games coming and the NES Mini.

because the Wii U sold like crap. For all we know the Switch could do much better and if that would be the case why NOT release it sooner better than later. I could see how releasing it in holidays with newer games would be more appealing, but its not like they have a system that is doing great now. That would be a long time to wait, its just bad business. ANd there is no gaurantee that the games would even be ready for next winter.

I wouldnt say the 3DS is doing bad. It seems to do well over 100K every week.

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

because the Wii U sold like crap. For all we know the Switch could do much better and if that would be the case why NOT release it sooner better than later. I could see how releasing it in holidays with newer games would be more appealing, but its not like they have a system that is doing great now. That would be a long time to wait, its just bad business. ANd there is no gaurantee that the games would even be ready for next winter.

I would say its doing ok even mediocre. And what would the sales be like next year? You think it will be able to maintain till a Winter 2017 launch for Switch? I seriously doubt it.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

and yes, you have repeated yourself a dozen times and I still disagree with you.

than why keep asking the same questions over and over again?

I dont think I do...

Around the Network
oniyide said:
KLXVER said:

I would say its doing ok even mediocre. And what would the sales be like next year? You think it will be able to maintain till a Winter 2017 launch for Switch? I seriously doubt it.

Maybe they can port some DS games to keep it going...

zorg1000 said:
Pavolink said:

I have proof. Wii U sales.

What proof di you have?

that is literally proof of nothing, i gave multiple reasons why i think these games didnt sell to their full potential, you didnt give any proof why my reasoning is wrong.

We are both in the same boat here, we have different opinions and neither of us has definitive proof that we are right.

So, I have definitive proof with sales buy you prefer to just close your eyes and believe those ports are going to move Switchs? Ok.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

its already backward compatible

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:

its already backward compatible

Shit... Maybe Nintendo can set up a Patreon account?

Pavolink said:
zorg1000 said:

that is literally proof of nothing, i gave multiple reasons why i think these games didnt sell to their full potential, you didnt give any proof why my reasoning is wrong.

We are both in the same boat here, we have different opinions and neither of us has definitive proof that we are right.

So, I have definitive proof with sales buy you prefer to just close your eyes and believe those ports are going to move Switchs? Ok.

Like I said, I gave multiple reasons why I think they can move hardware and sell well, you didnt disprove any of my reasoning outside of "Wii U sold bad".

You have no proof that my reasoning is wrong, just as i have no proof that my reasoning is correct, they are both opinions and neither can be proven until after Switch releases and we see how it and the games perform.

You say im closing my eyes and blindy believing well i can easily say you are narrow minded and ignorant.