By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why updated ports make sense for Nintendo fans

zorg1000 said:
Pavolink said:

So, I have definitive proof with sales buy you prefer to just close your eyes and believe those ports are going to move Switchs? Ok.

Like I said, I gave multiple reasons why I think they can move hardware and sell well, you didnt disprove any of my reasoning outside of "Wii U sold bad".

You have no proof that my reasoning is wrong, just as i have no proof that my reasoning is correct, they are both opinions and neither can be proven until after Switch releases and we see how it and the games perform.

You say im closing my eyes and blindy believing well i can easily say you are narrow minded and ignorant.

I could be off the mark, but i think what he's trying to say is those games didnt save Wii U and he doesnt think they will do much for Switch.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

Like I said, I gave multiple reasons why I think they can move hardware and sell well, you didnt disprove any of my reasoning outside of "Wii U sold bad".

You have no proof that my reasoning is wrong, just as i have no proof that my reasoning is correct, they are both opinions and neither can be proven until after Switch releases and we see how it and the games perform.

You say im closing my eyes and blindy believing well i can easily say you are narrow minded and ignorant.

I could be off the mark, but i think what he's trying to say is those games didnt save Wii U and he doesnt think they will do much for Switch.

Im aware of that

Im pointing out he is using a double standard by saying I have nothing to prove what im saying while he too has nothing to prove what he is saying.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Those games did save the Wii U though.  Mario Kart 8 sold 8M meaning nearly 60% of all Wii U owners bought it, Smash 4U 5M nearly 38% bought it, and Splatoon 4.6M nearly 35% bought it.   How much worse would the Wii U have sold without them.

Yes the Wii U failed, but what does that matter now..

Those games didn't underperform the Wii U, the Wii U underperformed those games.

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

foxtail said:

Those games did save the Wii U though.  Mario Kart 8 sold 8M meaning nearly 60% of all Wii U owners bought it, Smash 4U 5M nearly 38% bought it, and Splatoon 4.6M nearly 35% bought it.   How much worse would the Wii U have sold without them.

Yes the Wii U failed, but what does that matter now..

Those games didn't underperform the Wii U, the Wii U underperformed those games.

Well reality is that Nintendo made with Wii U huge multiply mistakes and console was already dead after 1st year, so great games really couldn't change anything for Wii U especially because almost all of them come on Wii U too late when Wii U was already considered for faile and console without future.

But having great and most popular Wii U games on brand new platform with hole life in front along side with new games in its 1st year, is totally different situation and perspective for every person who didn't had Wii U at all. So when people saying those games didnt done anything for Wii U they so will not done nothing for Switch also, are totally missing point.

So I guess they were too late to have a real impact either way after the terrible sales start but I still think that the success of these games kept them from axing the system earlier.

Giving these games a second chance on the Switch is good because it does reach the many people who skipped the Wii U for whatever reason but still find that these games appeal to them.   And they know that these games do have wide appeal.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Yep just like we all assumed the Wii U would get an Animal Crossing game. :L

That's probably already more big hitters than any Nintendo system has gotten in the span of 9 months so what's one more! I don't believe you can ever have enough games as not everyone is interested in every game so you need a wide array of diverse titles to appeal to as many people as possible. While there is definitely overlap, I believe Animal Crossing better appeals to certain demographics than the aforementioned games. So yes I do want a new Animal Crossing asap for selfish reasons, but also because it would really help build a strong early installbase. I can wait of course so no big deal if it doesn't make 2017. I mainly just want confirmation that the game even exist, that they have indeed been working on it all this time.

Ya we assumed Wii U would get Animal Crossing, it got Splatoon instead. A pretty fair trade-off.

The rumored 1st party lineup is already pretty diverse

3D Mario-3D platformer

Splatoon-3rd person multiplayer shooter

Mario Kart-arcade style racer

Zelda-open world action game

Smash Bros-multiplayer brawler

Xenoblade X-open world JRPG

Mario Maker-2D platformer creator

Pokemon-turn based JRPG

Pikmin-real time strategy

With that lineup Animal Crossing isnt really necessary and would be better served as a 2018 title.

Nah there shouldn't need to be a trade off, the Wii U shoulda had both. There's simply nothing that makes up for having less games, Animal Crossing is just one of many examples. What I was getting at though is that there are no safe assumptions when it comes to Nintendo as I've learned the hard way, so I try not to assume things anymore no matter how much sense it makes. I just take whatever Nintendo does as it comes.

My stance on this and my reasonings for it remain, being that more games is always better than less and that Animal Crossing appeals to different demographics, but I also can't disprove your logic either, so we're just gonna have to agree to disagree here. 

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:

Ya we assumed Wii U would get Animal Crossing, it got Splatoon instead. A pretty fair trade-off.

The rumored 1st party lineup is already pretty diverse

3D Mario-3D platformer

Splatoon-3rd person multiplayer shooter

Mario Kart-arcade style racer

Zelda-open world action game

Smash Bros-multiplayer brawler

Xenoblade X-open world JRPG

Mario Maker-2D platformer creator

Pokemon-turn based JRPG

Pikmin-real time strategy

With that lineup Animal Crossing isnt really necessary and would be better served as a 2018 title.

Nah there shouldn't need to be a trade off, the Wii U shoulda had both. There's simply nothing that makes up for having less games, Animal Crossing is just one of many examples. What I was getting at though is that there are no safe assumptions when it comes to Nintendo as I've learned the hard way, so I try not to assume things anymore no matter how much sense it makes. I just take whatever Nintendo does as it comes.

My stance on this and my reasonings for it remain, being that more games is always better than less and that Animal Crossing appeals to different demographics, but I also can't disprove your logic either, so we're just gonna have to agree to disagree here. 

What I mean by pretty fair trade off is that im not sure they have the manpower to develop 2 full size HD games at once so its possible it came down to one or the other.

And ya obviously more games is better and i agree that AC appeals to a different demographic than those other games but Nintendo still needs to make sure they have some of their really big hitters for 2018. Having Zelda, Splatoon, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros & Pokemon in 2017 along with some smaller support games is enough for a single year.

AC would be better suited as a 2018 title in terms of spreading out the big hitters.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

What I mean by pretty fair trade off is that im not sure they have the manpower to develop 2 full size HD games at once so its possible it came down to one or the other.

And ya obviously more games is better and i agree that AC appeals to a different demographic than those other games but Nintendo still needs to make sure they have some of their really big hitters for 2018. Having Zelda, Splatoon, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros & Pokemon in 2017 along with some smaller support games is enough for a single year.

AC would be better suited as a 2018 title in terms of spreading out the big hitters.

Maybe but there's no way to really know. Splatoon only took a year to make and sold for $40 outside the U.S., and they were still able to put out HHD and Amiibo Festival so there is reason to think they could have and only didn't because of Wii U's failure. This is why I want to them to frontload the Switch, to give it the best possible chance of being successful so support from both third partys and Nintendo isn't dropped early again.

What metrics or data are you using to say the current line-up is exactly enough and that even one more game is completely unnecessary? This sounds pretty arbitrary, and by the same token I could say it has too many games and that Zelda BotW should be 2018. Would you disagree with that yet still say Animal Crossing is better off in 2018? I know that they gotta make sure every year has games, but, they can still do that. A single game wont make or break a year. If 2018 is bad without AC then it'd still be bad with it. Though of course we don't know what 2018's line-up is, for all we know it's already stacked. /wishfulthinking

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:

Maybe but there's no way to really know. Splatoon only took a year to make and sold for $40 outside the U.S., and they were still able to put out HHD and Amiibo Festival so there is reason to think they could have and only didn't because of Wii U's failure. This is why I want to them to frontload the Switch, to give it the best possible chance of being successful so support from both third partys and Nintendo isn't dropped early again.

What metrics or data are you using to say the current line-up is exactly enough and that even one more game is completely unnecessary? This sounds pretty arbitrary, and by the same token I could say it has too many games and that Zelda BotW should be 2018. Would you disagree with that yet still say Animal Crossing is better off in 2018? I know that they gotta make sure every year has games, but, they can still do that. A single game wont make or break a year. If 2018 is bad without AC then it'd still be bad with it. Though of course we don't know what 2018's line-up is, for all we know it's already stacked. /wishfulthinking

Youre right its possible that AC was in development but got moved to Switch because of poor Wii U sales, although EAD2 didnt develop Amiibo Festival, that was ND Cube.

Basically all i mean is that the current rumored lineup is already stacked with a bunch of franchises that have sold over 5 million so AC in the first year wont make/break the system.