By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why updated ports make sense for Nintendo fans

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

what does that even mean?

Couple those with WiiU ports that have the potential to sell 5 million and Nintendo will swim in money. We are only talking about how to make Nintendo richer, right?

no, were talking about how to get a well rounded and solid lineup right out of the gate. You may not like or want these ports but millions of people who skipped Wii U for one reason or another but have interest in Switch will want these games and depending on how much new content they have, a good share of people may double dip.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

Couple those with WiiU ports that have the potential to sell 5 million and Nintendo will swim in money. We are only talking about how to make Nintendo richer, right?

no, were talking about how to get a well rounded and solid lineup right out of the gate. You may not like or want these ports but millions of people who skipped Wii U for one reason or another but have interest in Switch will want these games and depending on how much new content they have, a good share of people may double dip.

It doesnt sound like it will be right out of the gate. It sounds like they will spread them out over the first year. Well the ones we know about anyway. Who knows what 2018 will hold...

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

It doesnt sound like it will be right out of the gate. It sounds like they will spread them out over the first year. Well the ones we know about anyway. Who knows what 2018 will hold...

What i meant by that was a strong launch followed by a steady stream of big games that continue that momentum, instead of a strong launch followed by constant droughts like Wii U had.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

What i meant by that was a strong launch followed by a steady stream of big games that continue that momentum, instead of a strong launch followed by constant droughts like Wii U had.

or they could launch the console when they have enough new games for launch and the months after it, while also working on other games for the time after that to have a steady stream of new games for everyone. Seems like that should be doable now that they can focus mostly on one console.

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

or they could launch the console when they have enough new games for launch and the months after it, while also working on other games for the time after that to have a steady stream of new games for everyone. Seems like that should be doable now that they can focus mostly on one console.

So you're saying they should delay Switch to at least  holiday 2017 so they can get more games ready leaving them with literally a full year of not releasing any noteworthy games?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

So you're saying they should delay Switch to at least  holiday 2017 so they can get more games ready leaving them with literally a full year of not releasing any noteworthy games?

They havent really released any noteworthy WiiU games in the past year, so why not wait a little longer and come out swinging with the Switch?

omgfk said:
Miyamotoo said:

You really don't know what are you talking about, one of biggest Wii U problems actually was weak launch and 1st year line up and software droughts of 2-3 months, Wii U didn't had must have title or system seller in whole 1st year and did have periods of 2-3 months without any game release (I dont count some Indie craps). Wii U launch and 1st year lineup is probably weakest launch and 1st year lineup for any Nintendo platform (key Nintendo titles were Nintendo Land and NSMB HD), with longest softwares droughts ever.

Oh man...

Do you really believe that? Then im sorry for you. its wrong, btw.

The Gamecube had a way better lineup then the wii u and sold similar bad. The reason the wii u failed is: its gimmick wasnt super hyped and popular like the wii, it was expensive. Those are the 2 main points. Bad image, bad marketing came next.

Look at all nintendo consoles sales and remove wii. You will see a very consitent decrease in sales. Nintendo and their games just arnt as appealing to people now a days anymore and its gets worse and worse. Games like Witcher 3, GTA, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Mass Effect are the games the majority of people want to play now a days. The Wii U wouldnt sell more then 20 mio (most likely not even more then 15-16 Mio) if they had released a mainline animal crossing, Metroid prime, zelda, fzero game on it as well. The switch will sell better then the wii u but only because its and handheld. It wont sell better then the 3ds and wii u combined for sure (thats the number to compare to) and will be the next failure be declining nintendos overall installbase gen per gen.

But sure, I dont know what im talking about. It obviously doesnt make any sense to discuss (even obvious things like that) with certain people. I already bookmarked and prooved MANY people on internet forums that were like you wrong. In the gamecube times, the wii u beginning and so on. It got boring. Bookmark this and qoute me in 2 years on this.

You don't be sorry for me because you really don't know what are you talking.

Wii U sold 13m, while GC sold 22m, not exactly same sales.. Wii U had multiply reasons why failed, not just one or two: bad reveal, bad and misunderstood marketing, high price compared to competition, weak launch and 1st year linep and software drought, not appealing gamepad concept.

Why I would move Wii from sales of Nintendo consoles, Wii is regular Nintendo console. Wii U has multiple reasons why failed and why actually is worst selling Nintendo console, but weak launch and 1st year line up and software drought are one of reasons why Wii U failed, and Nintendo is determined not to repeat those mistakes with Switch and thats why we will most likely have almost all biggest Nintendo heavy hitters in Switchs 1st year.

Of Course you don't know what are you talking if you can say that Wii U didnt have software drought and actual compare that with PS4/XB1 lineup, lol.Wii U is actually known for terrible software droughts.

I have bought pretty much every Wii U game worth owning and for updated ports like these I would definitely buy again. Also because the Switch isn't just a home console. So you could say I'm getting more than just an updated port.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

They havent really released any noteworthy WiiU games in the past year, so why not wait a little longer and come out swinging with the Switch?

Thats a bit of an exaggeration, Twilight Princess HD, Star Fox Zero, Pokken Tournament, Tokyo Mirage  Sessions released in the first half of the year and Paper Mario just released last month. Its certainly not amazing but there has been a few decent games for Wii U owners this year.

What you are suggesting is an extra 12 months with nothing released at all.

Same goes for 3DS, Pokemon was the last really big game, next year has a few small releases but nothing major.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

Thats a bit of an exaggeration, Twilight Princess HD, Star Fox Zero, Pokken Tournament, Tokyo Mirage  Sessions released in the first half of the year and Paper Mario just released last month. Its certainly not amazing but there has been a few decent games for Wii U owners this year.

What you are suggesting is an extra 12 months with nothing released at all.

Same goes for 3DS, Pokemon was the last really big game, next year has a few small releases but nothing major.

Well then there are many free 3DS developers that should have started making Switch games a while ago. I just dont get these ports if they have more developers than ever working on one console, great third party support and probably have several games that have been moved to the Switch because the WiiU didnt do well.