By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a Wii U owner, the leaked Switch line up is very weak

We don't even know the full launch / 1st year lineup for the Switch yet and it's already light years better than Wii U's.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Switch isn't for Wii U owners.

More or less. They are targetting primarily 3DS owners, 80% of whom do apparently like Nintendo but never had access to games like Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, etc.

Not sure what rumors you were reading but what about Mario x Rayman, 3D Mario and Pikmin 4?

Didn't know you owned a Wii U, color me surprised :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mah man! Compared to the Wii U first year...... This is much better! And of course! January 12 can't come any sooner!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

As a Wii U owner, the lineup is very strong.

It's a matter of opinion dude.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
superchunk said:

No, no it is not. 

3 new first party games.
3 enhanced WiiU games that are not the traditional "HD" versions but instead have a lot of new content and improvements. More like 1.5 versions vs just "deluxe" or ports.
X other new first party games we've had no hint to such as the likely Pikmin 4 or who knows what else as 3DS is turned off in 2017.

At least 10 new 3rd party games, plus some exclusives such as the marioRPG/Rabbids game.

Then a ton of indie titles as Nintendo really stepped up that relationship with WiiU and everything known to man in the indie world will be there.

Hell, any first year with a new Mario and new Zelda can never be considered weak.

Jan 12th is going to be an interesting showcase. Nintendo will be riding high from Pokemon and NES classic. I expect to see nearly every major 3rd party game in 2017 shown as a 2017 title for NS and every 2018+ game. The only 2017 exceptions will be those games well under development where it is just too hard at this point to fund/plan a port. All sports and other yearly titles (which is the actual core market) plus anything significant that the company can put port resources towards. 

Nice pic! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Turkish said:

Anyone else with a Wii U and think the line up is meh?

You of all people have a WiiU? I think hell is frozen. The Playstation-King has a Nintendo-console. Not only that, he has chosen the most unpopular one.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

IMO it's necessity for Nintendo to port these games, Multiplayer on the Switch would be so dry if we had to wait for new installments of these key franchises.

Wii U owners need to consider the health of the next platform.

Soundwave said:
spemanig said:
Switch isn't for Wii U owners.

More or less. They are targetting primarily 3DS owners, 80% of whom do apparently like Nintendo but never had access to games like Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, etc.

They are of course targeting 3DS owners, but they targeting casuals and PS4/XB1 owners also.

Actually it would be very bad business move to target just Wii U owners with fact on mind that they are only 13m owners. :D

JRPGfan said:

Thats just the enhanced ports from the Wii U.

But theres also stuff like:

New Mario RPG (Rabbids)

Its a stronger lineup than the Wii U had.

Even just knowing that the switch, will have some jrpgs like Dragon Quest X, and XI,..... switch > wii u when it comes to rpgs.

I may have gotten bored and made something stupid