By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a Wii U owner, the leaked Switch line up is very weak

Anyone else with a Wii U and think the line up is meh? The line up looks strong only if you never owned a Wii U. I guess Nintendo needs these ports to counter the post launch software droughts. I think the list may be close to final with maybe a few surprises, like Wave Race.

confirmed/leaks:

Mario Kart

Splatoon

Smash Bros

Mario Maker

Zelda

possibilities:

Pokken Tournament

I have all these games and a 3DS for Pokemon so what does that leave me with, just the new Mario so far. I'd love a new Mario RPG but a spinoff with Rabbids sound like the worst thing to me, also it'll probably be low budget considering Rabbids is a C tier franchise now.

Did Nintendo punish those of us who supported the Wii U?

Laura Kate Dale on twitter

Around the Network

There are still games we don't know about, like Retro's new game, Next Level's game, a possible new IP close to Splatoon.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Thats just the enhanced ports from the Wii U.

But theres also stuff like:

New Mario RPG (Rabbids)
New 3D style collectathon Mario game
New Zelda - Breath of the wild
New Pikmen

Its a stronger lineup than the Wii U had.

Even just knowing that the switch, will have some jrpgs like Dragon Quest X, and XI,..... switch > wii u when it comes to rpgs.

Yes, a few of the games are ports, but as others above have said, there are other, new games that will be released that will probably equate to a better launch lineup than the Wii U's. Also, we can't expect the launch to have the same volume as the Wii U's whole library, there'll be many new games beyond launch

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Actually nobody mentioned Mario Maker and hardly it will be ported to Switch, also just new 3D Mario is much stronger than Wii U had everything in whole 1st year. Its rumoured that we will have Pikmin 4, new IP and Retros game, and offcourse there will more new games we dont know anuthing about.

Around the Network

Nintendo finally gives us something we can throw money at again and people still complain.

A new 3D Mario is more than enough reason to buy it at launch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You know, I understand why some people complain about this lineup having Wii U ports. However, if we look back to ther consoles launch titles... this is easily superior to anything I can remember since the NES or SNES.

We have two new games guaranteed to be excellent, if not masterpieces: Zelda Breath of the Wild and the next 3D Mario adventure. Also, we have new games that we know nothing about it, but hey, they are new: Mario and Rabbids RPG, whatever Retro Studios is doing... And thats without mentioning that there may be more new games coming from either Nintendo or more likely third parties.

So, just in terms of new games, the line up would be just great. For comparison sake, PS4 got Knack, Killzone Shadowfall and Resogun as new exclusive games; Xbox One got Ryse, Killer Instinct and Forza and Wii U got NSMB.U, Nintendo Land and ZombiU. And if we look to Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 and even Gamecube or PS2, things are even worse. If this hypothetical rumors are true, Nintendo Switch will have the best exclusive line up for launch since I can remember, with not only games with outstanding quality, but also great in quantity.

But it's not just that. Besides exclusive new games, we have the enhanced versions of Wii U exclusives. While I agree that for Wii U owners those are not really that interesting, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. will have not only better graphics overall, but tons of new content. More characters, customization, courses, stages... It will be like an overgrown DLC. Maybe lots of Wii U owners will not buy them, but I would bet that lots of others will. Not to mention all of those games will be new to anyone who didn't had a Wii U. Which, if you don't know already, are tons of people.

Let's add to that the third parties multiplatform ports and we have an outstanding combination of new games, enhanced Wii U exclusives and third party multiplatform. No other console has seen a launch this big, balanced and with overall quality.

Seriously, if you complain about this hypothetical situation, I don't knwo what you thought when every first party launched their console in the past.

Well the Switch version of games like Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc aren't just straight up ports, according to the rumors/leaks, since they have a bunch of new content in them apparently. But even then, if you wanted to not include them and still say they are just ports, then there are still a bunch of new games coming:

3D Mario
Retro's new game
Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids
Pikmin 4
Zelda Breath of the Wild
A rumored new IP from Nintendo

And probably a lot more that we don't even know about, such as how Luigi's Mansion 3 has been rumored a lot in the past, the Wave Race trademark being renewed recently, etc.That's only the first party games as well, there are the third party games that are rumored will be available like Skyrim Remastered and such. 

Not to mention the fact that now that all the Nintendo teams get to work on one single platform instead of having to create 2 different versions of a game, such as Mario Kart for portable and home console for example, that means more new games will be made since that team can work on something else. 

As a Wii U owner, I am excited about Switch and the potential software line up.

Weak? You must be joking. Launch window (first year, some rumors though):
3D Mario
Zelda BOTW
Sonic 2017
Pikmin 4 (should be)
Mario x Rabbids
Pokemon Stars
Mario Kart 8.5
Splatoon 2
Skyrim Remastered (?)
NBA

Foresight:
Animal Crossing (the last one came out 4 years ago, no Wii U release)
F-Zero?
Retro New IP
Capcom's "big" game? (Monster Hunter?)
EA (?)

Wave Race? Smash Bros. port?

That's for the first year. That's pretty fucking good if you ask me. 3D Mario, Zelda BOTW and Pokemon Stars are already enough to guarantee a great first year.