By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a Wii U owner, the leaked Switch line up is very weak

I agree completely. Nothing so far makes it a must buy for me

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Never thought I'd see the day when 3D Mario and Zelda in a Nintendo consoles 1st year let alone the rest of the games wasn't good enough.

Zelda doesn't count because it's also on the WiiU........ or something.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's an excellent lineup tailored for the people that don't own a Wii U, but as a Wii U owner so far I've no reason to be interested in the Switch, at least not if Nintendo keeps the promise to release BotW on Wii U.

I only wanna play Splatoon anyways so its golden for me ;)

Turkish said:

Anyone else with a Wii U and think the line up is meh? The line up looks strong only if you never owned a Wii U. I guess Nintendo needs these ports to counter the post launch software droughts. I think the list may be close to final with maybe a few surprises, like Wave Race.

confirmed/leaks:

Mario Kart

Splatoon

Smash Bros

Mario Maker

Zelda

possibilities:

Pokken Tournament

I have all these games and a 3DS for Pokemon so what does that leave me with, just the new Mario so far. I'd love a new Mario RPG but a spinoff with Rabbids sound like the worst thing to me, also it'll probably be low budget considering Rabbids is a C tier franchise now.

Did Nintendo punish those of us who supported the Wii U?

If Nintendo can make a true successor to Mario64 with the enhanced ports, plus Zelda, The Ubisoft project, Monolith game, Retro's game, Pokémon Stars plus whatever else we don't know about. The 1st year of the Switch looks way better than PS4 and XbOne did in their first year and people were going out buying 2 and 3 of those systems. Forget sheer numbers of games, this system could have the best 1st party software line up of any console in recent history!

Around the Network
Turkish said:
friendlyfamine said:

Weak? You must be joking. Launch window (first year, some rumors though):
3D Mario
Zelda BOTW
Sonic 2017
Pikmin 4 (should be)
Mario x Rabbids
Pokemon Stars
Mario Kart 8.5
Splatoon 2
Skyrim Remastered (?)
NBA

Foresight:
Animal Crossing (the last one came out 4 years ago, no Wii U release)
F-Zero?
Retro New IP
Capcom's "big" game? (Monster Hunter?)
EA (?)

Wave Race? Smash Bros. port?

That's for the first year. That's pretty fucking good if you ask me. 3D Mario, Zelda BOTW and Pokemon Stars are already enough to guarantee a great first year.

From that list, the only new game I can get and am interested in is 3D Mario, I hate Rabbids, I have a 3DS for Pokemon Sun&Moon, others are ports or enhanced versions, Sonic I can get on PS4. Skyrim I finished 5 years ago. Why do people say Zelda? I already have a Wii U. It seems so many people didn't have a Wii U and thats why they are fine with the ports (because they never owned and played the games on Wii U). True Nintendo fans support the system no matter the gimmicks, I got the system in 2013 even though I hate the Gamepad so much.

Now many games I bought on Wii U get a better version on Switch, online populations will be dead if they dont allow crossplay(which they likely wont if they introduce small new mechanics) and I'll be forced to upgrade.

I hope whatever Retro is working on is a new AAA IP and lets hope F-Zero and Wave Race come as well.

I sincerely hope that the way you are arguing against the initial games we currently know about coming to Switch, that you were this way year 1 for the PS4! it's more believable that there are way more gamers that never owned or played WiiU games versus Sony claiming all of the Remastered games were directed at people who never owned PS3... If you aren't excited by these .5 versions of WiiU games, that's okay because Nintendo isn't aiming them towards you! But at least let them dole out the full 1st year of software plans before condemning what deserves to be hype or not.

Ck1x said:

I sincerely hope that the way you are arguing against the initial games we currently know about coming to Switch, that you were this way year 1 for the PS4! it's more believable that there are way more gamers that never owned or played WiiU games versus Sony claiming all of the Remastered games were directed at people who never owned PS3... If you aren't excited by these .5 versions of WiiU games, that's okay because Nintendo isn't aiming them towards you! But at least let them dole out the full 1st year of software plans before condemning what deserves to be hype or not.

That's a very good point, I actually forgot about when Sony said that. Yeah, this is essentially the same exact thing. 

Sony ported so many PS3 games to the PS4 and their reasoning was "So many Xbox 360 owners from last gen switched to PS4 this gen so we wanna give them another chance this gen" and released stuff like The Last of Us Remastered, God of War 3 Remastered, The Nathan Drake Collection, etc. 

The people that own a Wii U most likely aren't the people that need to be convinced to buy a Switch, since they were already most likely going to buy one regardless for the Nintendo games like they did when they bought the Wii U. The Wii U ports are for people that didn't buy a Wii U and missed out on a lot of great games that they can now play better versions of on the Switch. 

It's a reasoning that makes much more sense in Nintendo's case rather than Sony, considering the PS3 still sodl 80 million while the Wii U sold less than 15 million.

No, no it is not. 

3 new first party games.
3 enhanced WiiU games that are not the traditional "HD" versions but instead have a lot of new content and improvements. More like 1.5 versions vs just "deluxe" or ports.
X other new first party games we've had no hint to such as the likely Pikmin 4 or who knows what else as 3DS is turned off in 2017.

At least 10 new 3rd party games, plus some exclusives such as the marioRPG/Rabbids game.

Then a ton of indie titles as Nintendo really stepped up that relationship with WiiU and everything known to man in the indie world will be there.

Hell, any first year with a new Mario and new Zelda can never be considered weak.

Jan 12th is going to be an interesting showcase. Nintendo will be riding high from Pokemon and NES classic. I expect to see nearly every major 3rd party game in 2017 shown as a 2017 title for NS and every 2018+ game. The only 2017 exceptions will be those games well under development where it is just too hard at this point to fund/plan a port. All sports and other yearly titles (which is the actual core market) plus anything significant that the company can put port resources towards. 

Eh I don't care to pass judgement on whether the lineup is strong or not. All I know is that the 3d Mario Game will probably be enough for me to purchase.

Already judging a line-up when the freaking company has not announced a single official game yet, totally forgetting about the new 3D Mario and the strong rumours about Pikmin 4, Pokemon Stars, a new Mario RPG and a new IP and also saying than Mario Maker is on Switch when has never been announced and probably never will since this console is not dual screen. Quite a lame thread honestly.