The best is...

RE Umbrella Chronicles 11 15.94%

RE Darkside Chronicles 7 10.14%

Dead Space Extraction 15 21.74%

House of the Dead Overkill 25 36.23%

Link's Crossbow Training 2 2.90%

Other 9 13.04%

Total:69

I really liked The House of the Dead 2 & 3, though I'm not sure if we're counting that.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
I really liked The House of the Dead 2 & 3, though I'm not sure if we're counting that.

You can if you like.

I'm playing through Umbrella Chronicles now, so I'll vote once I finish that.

At the moment, it's Dead Space for me. Strategic dismemberment is a great mechanic that raises it above the standard "shoot things in the head" gameplay of such games.

house of the dead, forgot how good that game was

Dead Space Extraction.

Around the Network

I never did pick up any of these games. Closest I have is Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. I have no idea how it compares. My Wii is still hooked up to my TV. Is it worth going back and picking any of these up?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

theRepublic said:
Is it worth going back and picking any of these up?

I would say yes. Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles, Dead Space Extraction, and House of the Dead Overkill can all be got quite cheaply now, and are good fun.

Umbrella Chronicles for me. I also got Darkside Chronicles, but it wasn't that good, the mechanic was worse. I played Umbrella Chronicles with a friend in Two Player mode for some time.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Dead Space Extraction for me! Second only to the original Dead Space.

While Extraction was fantastic, you get it included with the PS3 version of Dead Space 2 and it's both visually nicer on the eyes and move compatible so more or less the same controls as the Wii just with more grunt behind it... and we all like grunt!

House of the dead overkill though, that is fairly mental in places on the Wii, recall really enjoying it, fantastic that the system more or less supports light gun esque games when modern TVs render the old technology light guns mostly useless.

Of course on saying Overkill... I would have to also mention that this exists. http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/object/109/109109/hotd_overkill_ps31.jpg

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:
I'm playing through Umbrella Chronicles now, so I'll vote once I finish that.

At the moment, it's Dead Space for me. Strategic dismemberment is a great mechanic that raises it above the standard "shoot things in the head" gameplay of such games.

It really isn't. Dismemberment means that easy shots have more value than harder-to-hit targets. Shoot off the legs of everything and the enemies will slowly crawl towards you, allowing you to pick them off easily, especially because hitting the arms is once again not as hard as aiming for the head. Additional aid is provided by the game logic to make enemies drop health items at a high rate when the player is below 50% health. There are hardly any sections in DSE where you can lose or are put under serious pressure. Replay value is hurt by lots of quiet sections with unskippable dialogue, and hardly any collectibles. It's a once-and-done bargain bin kind of game.

In short, your opinion is wrong, and very wrong at that.

I dislike being under pressure, so this is a good thing in my book. :P