By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sales adjustment

Machina said:
Boutros said:

So you've been allowed to adjust numbers by ioi?!

Nah, I send him a detailed list of adjustments I want done a couple of times a month and he eventually gets around to doing them. However, because the time he's willing and able to dedicate to working on the site is so limited I've had to prioritise which titles get adjusted, and so far that's pretty much meant I've focused solely on games that are currently in the top 100. Bayonetta 2 was one of the few exceptions I've made to that rule - it was so far off that it made me cringe whenever I came across the game in the sales database. He didn't reduce it by as much as I think it needs, but I'll take it for now :p

What I'd absolutely love to do is go all the way back to the start of the gen, trawl through various sources (your NPD threads, press releases, Famtisu, Media Create, GfK, and publisher IR data) and work my way forwards updating everything, doing a month a time. There's no way Brett would be able to make the thousands of adjustments I'd request tho and there'd soon be a backlog. Given the situation I figure it's best to focus on newer releases, but if I ever am able to manually adjust myself then that would be my number one long term project.

I have something for you in that regard. Is there somewhere I can send you a Word file?

Around the Network

Not only for Wii U, a lot adjustments happened. All 8th gen platforms got big adjustments IIRC.

Machina said:
Boutros said:

So you've been allowed to adjust numbers by ioi?!

Nah, I send him a detailed list of adjustments I want done a couple of times a month and he eventually gets around to doing them. However, because the time he's willing and able to dedicate to working on the site is so limited I've had to prioritise which titles get adjusted, and so far that's pretty much meant I've focused solely on games that are currently in the top 100. Bayonetta 2 was one of the few exceptions I've made to that rule - it was so far off that it made me cringe whenever I came across the game in the sales database. He didn't reduce it by as much as I think it needs, but I'll take it for now :p

What I'd absolutely love to do is go all the way back to the start of the gen, trawl through various sources (your NPD threads, press releases, Famtisu, Media Create, GfK, and publisher IR data) and work my way forwards updating everything, doing a month a time. There's no way Brett would be able to make the thousands of adjustments I'd request tho and there'd soon be a backlog. Given the situation I figure it's best to focus on newer releases, but if I ever am able to manually adjust myself then that would be my number one long term project.

Man that project sounds insane!
Really wish that someday ioi will give you full power to make adjustment on this site. Will never understand why he hasn't allowed it yet...

That's more like it. I think it's not that bad, providing it's kind of a niche title in a low install base. I think that Bayonetta being in Smash, and if they nake the game a Select the same way they did with City Undercover, could give it a little punch. But not sure it will happen xD.

An early Christmas miracle?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

About time lol.

It will never hit a million at retail.

DonFerrari said:
Sad, and quite funny that the IP is so loved and so low seller

Yes, very sad. I wish more people would give it a chance.

Volterra_90 said:
That's more like it. I think it's not that bad, providing it's kind of a niche title in a low install base. I think that Bayonetta being in Smash, and if they nake the game a Select the same way they did with City Undercover, could give it a little punch. But not sure it will happen xD.

My local store restocked like 8 copies and offers them for just 15€. Has been a couple of weeks now. Unfortunately nobody buys them :(

GoOnKid said:
Volterra_90 said:

My local store restocked like 8 copies and offers them for just 15€. Has been a couple of weeks now. Unfortunately nobody buys them :(

Yet games like NSMBU is over 5M. No wonder third parties are weary.

I've noticed that happen a lot with many eight gen Nintendo games lately. Seriously, what the hell? Were staff paid off by Sony or something?