By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sales adjustment

In case you haven't noticed, Bayonetta 2 sits at .75m units sold on this site. I swear the last time I checked it was at 1m. You know, I somehow had a feeling that it was overtracked a bit, but cutting off 25% is just... wow. There's surely some justification for this, but it's still quite a big adjustment.

Nonetheless, considering the sales of the Wii U, it did pretty amazing in relation to the first game. Platinum already said after a week that they were happy with the sales. I hope this leads us to Bayonetta 3.

Around the Network

It will lead to Bayonetta 3 as soon as Platinum decides who will be their next sugardaddy paying for development.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

750k is still pretty decent considering the Wii U's tiny install base and the game's unconventional style. Even on the 170 million plus install base of the PS3 and 360, the original barely managed to scrape passed 2 million. For all its critical acclaim and fan adoration, Bayonetta just isn't mainstream enough to gain blockbuster success.

vivster said:
It will lead to Bayonetta 3 as soon as Platinum decides who will be their next sugardaddy paying for development.

Im sure Nintendo is more than happy to fund Bayonetta 3. When a character wins the popular vote to be in Smash, then you know you have to keep that franchise around.

A lot of adjustments (downward) were made for Wii and DS at the same time.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

750k is still pretty decent considering the Wii U's tiny install base and the game's unconventional style. Even on the 170 million plus install base of the PS3 and 360, the original barely managed to scrape passed 2 million. For all its critical acclaim and fan adoration, Bayonetta just isn't mainstream enough to gain blockbuster success.

I can't be bothered researching but i suspect ps360 sales were half of that when bayo launched, also im surprised it sold at all on the ps3 given the huge negative reception around its performance. 

think-man said:
curl-6 said:

I can't be bothered researching but i suspect ps360 sales were half of that when bayo launched, also im surprised it sold at all on the ps3 given the huge negative reception around its performance. 

Those who bought a PS3/360 after its release still had the option for buying the game though. But yeah, it is surprising it sold better on PS3 (according to VGChartz anyway) given how legendarily shite that version was.

curl-6 said:
think-man said:

Those who bought a PS3/360 after its release still had the option for buying the game though. But yeah, it is surprising it sold better on PS3 (according to VGChartz anyway) given how legendarily shite that version was.

Yeah that's true but i don't trust vgchartz tracking of games once its fallen out of the top 100. I personally didn't buy it because i heard it runs like a turd, if i ever end up trying it ill get it for WiiU. 

think-man said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah that's true but i don't trust vgchartz tracking of games once its fallen out of the top 100. I personally didn't buy it because i heard it runs like a turd, if i ever end up trying it ill get it for WiiU. 

VGChartz tracking can be way off, that's true. But yeah if you want to play it (and you absolutely should if you have any fondness for hack 'n' slash or action games like God of War or Devil May Cry) do not buy it on PS3, its one of the worst examples of a bad PS3 port.

Everything Wii U related is overtracked, thats been the rule forever! stupid wii u

-kicks wii u-

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick