By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sales adjustment

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/05/03/vgchartz-bayonetta-2-sells-one-million-units/

That´s weird. That game is (was) quite popular among WiiU fans and it has been re-released without the first Bayonetta not too long ago. Less popular games like ZombiU and Lego City Undercover surpassed 1 million copies sold - no digital copies included - so it´s hard to imagine that Bayo 2 couldn´t match that milestone.
Anyway.... to this day there´s no official word from Nintendo about Bayo 2 sales.....so the matter is widely open for speculation

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

Sure, but great games are great games. No matter who made it.

The things both of you said sound nice in theory, but aren't you two missing two obvious points?

1. Nintendo consoles being bought mainly for Nintendo games is the result of continued poor showings from third parties.
2. What were these great third party games on Wii U? And this question returns us back to point 1, because a reputation is not going to change when the game output does not.

True, that's fair. Third party offerings are generally poor on Nintendo consoles.

I think there are some exceptions like Bayonetta games or Need for Speed imo. Not a fan of NFS but it's actually a good port at least. But that's an exception.

Rogerioandrade said:

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/05/03/vgchartz-bayonetta-2-sells-one-million-units/

That´s weird. That game is (was) quite popular among WiiU fans and it has been re-released without the first Bayonetta not too long ago. Less popular games like ZombiU and Lego City Undercover surpassed 1 million copies sold - no digital copies included - so it´s hard to imagine that Bayo 2 couldn´t match that milestone.
Anyway.... to this day there´s no official word from Nintendo about Bayo 2 sales.....so the matter is widely open for speculation

Being weird is different than being untrue

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Machina said:
Boutros said:

I have something for you in that regard. Is there somewhere I can send you a Word file?

csnow@vgchartz.com

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

csnow@vgchartz.com

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)"

T.T

Didn't realise Machina was fixing the database. That's awesome!

Can't contribute much, but if you ever want to know Vita game's Media Create sales to the exact figure, let me know :P

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Are there any official numbers from Nintendo/Platinum to check if those figures are actually true ? So far, Bayonetta 2 sales numbers around the internet are just speculative, as I said before

maybe with digital is still a million seller

Switch!!!

Rogerioandrade said:
DonFerrari said:

Are there any official numbers from Nintendo/Platinum to check if those figures are actually true ? So far, Bayonetta 2 sales numbers around the internet are just speculative, as I said before

They are not speculation, they are based of NPD reports.
Nintendo numbers are no help as they would include digital and shipped but not sold copies thus making a comparison to our numbers quite pointless.

Barozi said:
Rogerioandrade said:

They are not speculation, they are based of NPD reports.
Nintendo numbers are no help as they would include digital and shipped but not sold copies thus making a comparison to our numbers quite pointless.

NPD numbers about Bayonetta 2 sales are equally obscure. And what about overseas sales - Japan, Europe, Latin America ? VGcharts adjustments supposedly include those regions as well. Anything official about worldwide sales from any reliable source?