By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hillary Clinton won. How much time till Nuclear War?

Tagged games:

Hillary Clinton won. How much time till Nuclear War?

There will be no nuclear ... 168 47.19%

Nuclear World war in 2017... 64 17.98%

Nuclear Armaggedom in 2018. 15 4.21%

We will be living like Fallout 4 in 2019. 55 15.45%

Nuclear war before her term ends. 54 15.17%

Total:356
Final-Fan said:
AsGryffynn said:

Well, given we have never seen how a war with Russia will unfold out, we can't say for sure. No one's really won a war against them. We don't know how it'd unfold. Thing is, how will the US react to bombers? Russia will probably expel them and use everything they can throw at them to do it. Since sanctions will have a negligible effect (they are already as closed off as they can be) the US will either have to keep shutting aircraft down and replacing what's destroyed. Odds are the moment the US says there's a NFZ Russia will simply destroy all US and NATO ground forces and employ heavier firepower to decimate Aleppo (I can see them giving the rebels an ultimatum and telling organizations within the city to run for it). 

As it stands, a proxy war will have no winners, but I am not sure if the US will react violently to their aircraft and ships being destroyed. There's a substantial loss of power projection solely on losing a bunch of ships. 

Depends what you mean by "win a war".  Certainly attempts to conquer Russia's entire territory have a bad history, but they have been defeated on the battlefield plenty of times.  Arguably they were defeated in World War I (the counterargument being that internal struggles contributed significantly to the defeat.)  I think it's a pretty big assumption that they would definitely be able to throw non-Russian-aligned forces out of Syria, especially permanently. 

No one's saying permanently, but what will happen then? They keep on destroying all of each other's ships and missiles until they run out of them? 

Ka-pi96 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Well, given we have never seen how a war with Russia will unfold out, we can't say for sure. No one's really won a war against them. We don't know how it'd unfold. Thing is, how will the US react to bombers? Russia will probably expel them and use everything they can throw at them to do it. Since sanctions will have a negligible effect (they are already as closed off as they can be) the US will either have to keep shutting aircraft down and replacing what's destroyed. Odds are the moment the US says there's a NFZ Russia will simply destroy all US and NATO ground forces and employ heavier firepower to decimate Aleppo (I can see them giving the rebels an ultimatum and telling organizations within the city to run for it). 

As it stands, a proxy war will have no winners, but I am not sure if the US will react violently to their aircraft and ships being destroyed. There's a substantial loss of power projection solely on losing a bunch of ships. 

Japan did, the Russo-Japanese War.

Yeah, because they were waging a war in a region that was barely populated back then, Japan had UK support and the Russians were in a period of political turmoil which lasted all the way to WWI (the reason for the collapse of their teather, though in that case they weren't defeated. They pulled out and when the Republic collapsed western governments tried to restore order by invading since there was a power vacuum leaving little to fight if they wanted to enter the country by force and then there's how the closest thing to a real government at the time were the Bolsheviks). 

Around the Network

Excuses, excuses.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Excuses, excuses.

Try winning a war with NO ARMY! 

Sometime in 2017 most likely. Its definitely happening and it will be with Russia

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

the-pi-guy said:
AsGryffynn said:

Try winning a war with NO ARMY! 

What? 

Who has no army?

Russia had no army after the Republic collapsed and the allies invaded to restore order (and failed miserably in one of the most epic moments of history)... 

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Final-Fan said:

Correct:  I think the idea of the USA or NATO actually invading Russia is about as implausible as nuclear war with Russia.  I simply do not know why they would have much reason to be interested in conquering Russian territory. 

Suppose a no fly zone was created, and Russia chose to violate it, and the USA chose to shoot down the violating aircraft, and it continued to escalate into a real war.  I expect that this war would be fought primarily in the air and sea as naval forces clashed in the world's oceans, and on the ground in Syria.  Mounting a land invasion of mainland Russia just doesn't seem to make sense to me under these conditions.  What would be the objective?  If the USA wins the war around the NFZ, the Russian threat has been crushed; if they lose, I don't see how they would be in a position to gain by invading Russia which has air superiority by now. 

Now, that isn't to say that there 

The opposite is actually true: Russia has a spotty track record in war. They lost badly in the Russo-Japanese War in 1905, against a newly industrialized Asian country with a fraction of the military power. They lost World War I and their victory in World War II was pyrrhic, with the German invasion only being turned back mere miles from Moscow. If Germany hadn't been fighting on two fronts they might very well have sacked Moscow and taken Russia. They couldn't handle Afghanistan when they were far more powerful than they are now. And Soviet leadership from Stalin onward was actually scared shitless of the United States as was discovered after the USSR dissolved. The Soviet leaders believed that there was almost no scenario in which the USSR would win in direct conflict with the United States and that the US would destroy them with nukes. They were afraid of China as well. They knew China could overwhelm the Russian army through sheer force of numbers.  And that was back when the disparity between the US and the USSR was far less than it is now. Russia is a shell of the former Soviet Union. 

One other factor that is against the Russians is the fact that the United States Armed Forces have far more actual recent combat experience than the Russian military. Experience counts on the battlefield.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Sometime in 2017 most likely. Its definitely happening and it will be with Russia

I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Fear Mongering is the game, like in the cold war.

After weeks of study i came to conqlusion: No matter wich one wins, the earth explodes anyway.

fuallmofus said:
After weeks of study i came to conqlusion: No matter wich one wins, the earth explodes anyway.

Global Warming?