By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hillary Clinton won. How much time till Nuclear War?

Tagged games:

Hillary Clinton won. How much time till Nuclear War?

There will be no nuclear ... 168 47.19%

Nuclear World war in 2017... 64 17.98%

Nuclear Armaggedom in 2018. 15 4.21%

We will be living like Fallout 4 in 2019. 55 15.45%

Nuclear war before her term ends. 54 15.17%

Total:356
spurgeonryan said:
This is the first time I have ever noticed news media saying a president has won a whole week before it has even happened. Amazing Technology we have these days.

They always do stuff like this. It's to discourage voters from voting.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
AsGryffynn said:

The country will often do that whenever there isn't an strong leader in charge or government's shaky rather than solid. Right now it's rock solid, and their economy was already slated to stall. This has only given them a scapegoat. 

Except when it wasn't. It wasn't America who launched the first satellite and it definitely wasn't them who put the first man in space. Doing something along the lines of visiting another world years later doesn't change the fact Armstrong landed years later when technology had progressed (and when the Soviets had no reason to prove anything to anyone). 

Besides, more advanced technology didn't always have better results. The Americans witnessed how somehow outdated Soviet technology was superior at times. 

Also, why worry of how supplying weapons and transport changed things when the ones using them to great effect were the Soviet troops? Have you forgotten it was they who were marching down Berlin? Or how much of the industrial capacity they had built was effectively destroyed because they were caught with their pants down? Or that their economy was still recovering from a power vacuum? More importantly, do you realize the vast majority of the resources provided by the lend lease were rations, ammo and transport? Little actual combat equipment was used. The US provided logistical support since the USSR had most of their industry destroyed in the West and they only had one line in the Far East! Look at the descriptions! Most of the shipments were trucks or food or ammunition (or tires)! 

It was only one third of it. Given they were fighting two heavy hitting countries at once (and that these same countries were giving the rest of Europe a headache even worse than theirs) I think it's safe to say no one would have been able to come out on top on their own. The US was necessary because their industrial capacity was safely tucked away in another continent. Thus they had the ability to support the European effort. Also, initially, much of the goods came from the UK, who was also being bombed to kingdom come. This war was impossible to win on their own. It doesn't lead to people thinking if the USSR hadn't existed the US could've just stepped in to destroy everyone... 

At the end of the day this hardly changes anything. The USSR were the ones who invaded Germany and destroyed their troops with their tanks, their soldiers and their aircraft. Most American support was specifically support. The Americans weren't marching alongside the Red Army, were they? 

Had Germany gone all out on the USSR they might have lasted longer, but even twice as many soldiers (the amount contributed by the collapse of the Western front) would've led to them getting closer to Moscow (they were close) and perhaps seize the only city left in the way, but the amount of Soviet forces who were preparing for the counter offensive was humongous! 6.6 million soldiers don't go down easily.

1. The Taliban didn't have free money from other countries for being freedom fighters, but since you insist, why not do what everyone else has done to death and compare it to the Vietnam War instead? 

2. The mass deportation and terror of the raids in the years leading up to the war left the Red Army without an effective high command. Most lieutenants and marshals were stumbling around in the dark and had no previous war experience compared to the former aides of the party at the time. They literally lost because there were only stupid numbskulls running the circus... 

Yes, Stalin did something really stupid when he sacked the military's top ranking officers and then told everyone they were going to war. 

3. Before Germany was a Superpower. Now they might as well have no military... 

1- US didn't back Taliban in the 80's. CIA and a senator went behind congress and fought their war.

Vietnam was a disaster for the US, however, you didn't read anyone here saying that US beats the tar out of people when outnumbered.

Saudi Arabia especial interests fund(ed) Talibans mostly. During the 80's, Taliban got half a billion dollars in donations from their follow Wahhabis.

1. Also, support from Arabic countries opposed to the CCCP... 

2. Honestly? Because this isn't a usual thing. I mentioned how the Russians often wage wars when underprepared to great effect due to good leadership (and if leadership goes to shit, god save them all)... 

Seriously, at this point, I think it's safe to say Russia's performance is almost entirely reliant on the orders coming from up high. The only thing in common among all their losses is terrible people in power... 

method114 said:
spurgeonryan said:
This is the first time I have ever noticed news media saying a president has won a whole week before it has even happened. Amazing Technology we have these days.

They always do stuff like this. It's to discourage voters from voting.

It isn't working... 

SpokenTruth said:
M.A.D. Look it up people. Stop being silly.

MAD has limits. Madness does not... 

BTW I want to drop the politics conversation. I've had enough history and geopolitics to last me a lifetime at college. 

Too many people in this thread have never set foot in Eastern Europe or Russia.

Here's your first disqualifier right off the bat ... Russia is fairly fucking poor as a country. Even a long term "Cold War" of posturing and farting on each other (harmless but annoying) would likely bankrupt the Russian state from sanctions.

The average Russian lives on a salary of $450 *a month*. You guys realize this right? Russia is not even a top 10 economy in the world. Their economy is barely largely than Mexico.

The United States spends 10x more annually on their military than Russia does.

Russia is smart enough to know all this and that a war does them no good. No one there wants a return to the days of the Cold War. They are sabre rattling because they are upset in feeling that the West influenced Ukrianian elections (and they may have a valid complaint there, but it is still a sovereign country). 

This is not going to be the "war" people here are describing, which is laughable. This is more like two high school girls who pretend to be friendly around each other, but behind their backs they're talking a lot of shit about each other. That's basically the US/Russia relationship.

Around the Network

What I don't like about Russia leadership, is their disregard for fellow poor citizens during war/harsh times.
Too many die due to their negligence and respect for human rights.

Soundwave said:

Too many people in this thread have never set foot in Eastern Europe or Russia.

Here's your first disqualifier right off the bat ... Russia is fairly fucking poor as a country. Even a long term "Cold War" of posturing and farting on each other (harmless but annoying) would likely bankrupt the Russian state from sanctions.

The average Russian lives on a salary of $450 *a month*. You guys realize this right? Russia is not even a top 10 economy in the world. Their economy is barely largely than Mexico.

The United States spends 10x more annually on their military than Russia does.

Russia is smart enough to know all this and that a war does them no good. No one there wants a return to the days of the Cold War. They are sabre rattling because they are upset in feeling that the West influenced Ukrianian elections (and they may have a valid complaint there, but it is still a sovereign country). 

This is not going to be the "war" people here are describing, which is laughable. This is more like two high school girls who pretend to be friendly around each other, but behind their backs they're talking a lot of shit about each other. That's basically the US/Russia relationship.

Someone's quoting internet articles again. 

As someone who spent a while there, not really. Unless you describe the working class, most people there don't really live any differently than from the rest of Eastern Europe (as a whole, I saw them fare better than Italy) and while they're not rich, they're not barely larger than Mexico unless you're going by nominal gross domestic product as a barometer, which in the case of already sanctioned to hell and still standing Russia seems like a load of malarkey. 

Goatseye said:
What I don't like about Russia leadership, is their disregard for fellow poor citizens during war/harsh times.

This has been the case historically. The Russian Empire did it, the Soviet Union continued and the Russian Federation is no different. 

SpokenTruth said:
Goatseye said:

I believe the same can be said of the US.

I don't think you ever read that US military killed dozen or hundred thousand of their soldiers for retreating in a war. Or killed a lot of high ranking officials merely on a suspicion of coup d'etat.

SpokenTruth said:
Goatseye said:

I don't think you ever read that US military killed dozen or hundred thousand of their soldiers for retreating in a war. Or killed a lot of high ranking officials merely on a suspicion of coup d'etat.

Who said their injustices and human rights violations had to be the exact same ones?

What did US do to its citizens that equate to the famine Stalin inflicted on Ukrainians?

SpokenTruth said:
Goatseye said:

What did US do to its citizens that equate to the famine Stalin inflicted on Ukrainians?

It's about people regardless of wether they are their own civillians or not.

Sure...