By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remember when it was fine that SFV was launching incomplete because it was supposed to have great legs?

Tagged games:

I like the game a lot. I play it often. Maybe it will be free on PSN Plus some day so more people can try it. The games' competitive scene is strong though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
invetedlotus123 said:
They can re-release the game as Super Street Fighter V or something like this, market it well as a new game and it`s sold to many people. Capcom always re-release their games, Street Fighter 2 got many of those.

Agreed, but they have been very adamant that well never see any Super Duper SFV. Which has probably hurt its sales. Looking at the game on Steam, it would cost you $40 to get the game, plus $50 in season passes to get the characters. LOL. Fuck off with that, Capcom. They deserve the shitty sales.

A SSFV version with all DLC would instantly be a better value. Plus positive word of mouth could sell more copies.

100k in nine months? I guess that's kinda not good.

Capcom cannot catch a break.

LudicrousSpeed said:
invetedlotus123 said:
They can re-release the game as Super Street Fighter V or something like this, market it well as a new game and it`s sold to many people. Capcom always re-release their games, Street Fighter 2 got many of those.

Agreed, but they have been very adamant that well never see any Super Duper SFV. Which has probably hurt its sales. Looking at the game on Steam, it would cost you $40 to get the game, plus $50 in season passes to get the characters. LOL. Fuck off with that, Capcom. They deserve the shitty sales.

A SSFV version with all DLC would instantly be a better value. Plus positive word of mouth could sell more copies.

I can`t say i`m not happy with this happening to Capcom. Their abusive DLC practices were a shoot on the foot this gen. They should learn from it. SF V was pretty much everything what DLC is not supposed to be.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

"Just wait for updates, legs are gonna be huge!" Never fucking happened.

Now here's a question, is doing well enough to justify years of support like SFIV?

Sadly, part of me is happy it failed because SFV just feels like greed. It was PS4 only because of a money hat (in my opinion), it has micro transactions up the ass, unlocking free stuff takes too damn long. Its a fine game, but fuck it. SFIV is an arguably better game, I hope that atleast comes to Xbox via BC.

My advice for Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 4.

For the most part, legs don't really exist anymore. Only a very few titles can have a low FW yet still get relatively high lifetime numbers. This is why it's so important for companies to not fuck up the launch. We have seen several titles that launched with issues that were later fixed, but as a result of those issues, the games were probably severely hindered saleswise.

Bandorr said:
A bad game can get better.
Will a cancelled game ever exist?

The many issues that SS5 has - none of them would be fixed by releasing it on the xbox. Infact it would really hurt them.

More sales would just "justify" this bad practice of releasing games like this.

Then again without Sony this game probably wouldn't have even released yet. Perhaps it would have been cancelled also without support and help?

SFV was a bad game at launch and has improved, but gamers obviously don't give a crap. Idk where you're going with the canceled stuff, its irrelevant.

An extra revenue stream is always a good thing. I'm sure Capcom would love more money. And why would Capcom cancel Street Fighter, lol? Is EA going to cancel Madden next? Capcom said it would have taken awhile for SFV to come out without the Sony moneyhat. But that was after the deal was made public, and they were dealing damage control about it not coming to Xbox. Bottom line is SF is one of their biggest franchises, it was coming. One could easily argue more time making the game would have been better. Maybe then it isn't rushed out in beta state.

invetedlotus123 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I can`t say i`m not happy with this happening to Capcom. Their abusive DLC practices were a shoot on the foot this gen. They should learn from it. SF V was pretty much everything what DLC is not supposed to be.

I'm happy the SFV stuff has backfired on them as well. The DLC model here is atrocious. They seem to be handling MvC4 better.

Teeqoz said:
Mr Puggsly said:

"Just wait for updates, legs are gonna be huge!" Never fucking happened.

Now here's a question, is doing well enough to justify years of support like SFIV?

Sadly, part of me is happy it failed because SFV just feels like greed. It was PS4 only because of a money hat (in my opinion), it has micro transactions up the ass, unlocking free stuff takes too damn long. Its a fine game, but fuck it. SFIV is an arguably better game, I hope that atleast comes to Xbox via BC.

My advice for Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 4.

For the most part, legs don't really exist anymore. Only a very few titles can have a low FW yet still get relatively high lifetime numbers. This is why it's so important for companies to not fuck up the launch. We have seen several titles that launched with issues that were later fixed, but as a result of those issues, the games were probably severely hindered saleswise.

I think a lot of games have found mild success over time. Rarely but occasionally some games accumulate great sales over time.

I don't think SFV will have that luck though, sales expectations were likely very high and people aren't buying it. I don't even see much hype about Season 2.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Game is now at 1.7 million, only a few hundred thousand off of Capcoms initial expectations for the games launch quarter, lol. I'm surprised it only moved 100k this quarter, hasn't there been new character and season DLC? Plus it's marked down to $29 pretty much everywhere around here it seems.

Dead Rising 4 selling like ass too. Capcom took a check from MicroSony for two established franchises and poopoo'd on them both.

.....If this 100,000 movement was also this quarter, than for every one of SF5 sold, 4.5 Ultra Street Fighter 2's on the Switch sold.

........Yeah, that isn't good Capcom. Hope Sony's payment covers your losses

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?