By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remember when it was fine that SFV was launching incomplete because it was supposed to have great legs?

Tagged games:

Bumping my thread.

It's been months since we've seen updated SFV numbers, and in the 9 months since Capcom told us SFV was at 1.4 million combined retail/digital across both platforms, it's now sold.... 1.5 million. It moved around 100k units in those 9 months.

Capcom expected to move 2 million units a month after release. Coming up on 12 months after release, they seem to be about 75% of the way towards their initial expectations. Of course, they expected to hit that 2 million going strong at the launch retail price. Instead they might eventually limp to what they originally expected to sell in a month with the game massively discounted everywhere.

I'm happy about this on multiple fronts.

1. Launching such an incomplete game
2. Screwing over an entire platform of fans by never releasing the game on it
3. Games as a service works in some games, Capcom however is giving 2k a run for their money in terms of worst utilization of the business model

Around the Network

- Incomplete game for a full price.
- Turning a long-time multiplatform series into console-exclusive.
- People waiting for a full version (like happened with the last fighting games from Capcom: Marvel vs Capcom 3 and SFIV and its hundreds versions)

I think they were senselessly and carelessly trying to compete with Killer Instinct instead of Mortal Kombat (exclusive + incomplete at launch). Even Smash smashed the shit out of SFV. I hope Capcom learned from their mistakes and don't screw up Marvel vs Capcom.

I never thought it was a good idea. They should have waited til it was a more complete package. Releasing an incomplete game is usually not a good idea.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

As a big street fighter fan since Genesis, this doesn't surprise me at all. The art style is horrible, game launched in a disastrous state although Sony paid for it (how much was that? 5 bucks?) and left behind many people on a different platform.

Yeah, this is why you dont rush Games. Make that shit properly.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

They can re-release the game as Super Street Fighter V or something like this, market it well as a new game and it`s sold to many people. Capcom always re-release their games, Street Fighter 2 got many of those.

I literally just log in every Friday to get my 5-6000 FM. It's still the best fighting game when you play with friends. I have injustice, MK XL, Tekken6 but this is the one everyone wants to play when they come over.

It's a shame the game launched with such little content and still is lacking.

I see a lot of angry people here that expected to play on Xbox. I understand your feelings, but releasing for Xbox wouldn't be any better The game schedule was already rushed, imagine if you add a second console?

The main reason is lack of inovation. Injustice lets you interact with the enviroment, you have a good story mode on Mortal Kombat. They needed something really bright this time, maybe a actual street fighting, you know, adding a mode where you choose a character and playing like a beat'em up. Tekken did this. This games lacks... everything. It's good, but just a framework, a work in progress.

But by the time that even Naruto Shippuden has way more characters than SFV you know it's all wrong.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

My brothers still play USF4 on Xbox 360. Apparently a lot of people still do. They never hurt for matches and you still see high level fighters on there. Its a shame that all of us were abandoned by Capcom. My brother asked about SF5 on Xbox and I told him it isn't happening. He said bummer and went back to USF4.

This is what happens when you handle a game the way they did, the game felt unfinished for most and rushing it out for the sake of tournaments was a mistake they should have kept SF4 competitive for another year and released SFV's current version this year as a new release.