By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remember when it was fine that SFV was launching incomplete because it was supposed to have great legs?

Tagged games:

Best part is they signed exclusivity to Sony so they can't even attempt a definitive edition relaunch type strategy on any other platform with a potential market. Brilliant Capcom.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Best part is they signed exclusivity to Sony so they can't even attempt a definitive edition relaunch type strategy on any other platform with a potential market. Brilliant Capcom.

I recall around the time Megaman appeared on Smash bros there was talk of Nintendo needing to buy Capcom and fix things. Also talk on the many ways that would be a stupid decision. 

Perhaps its time to discuss that again.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Street Fighter V failing like it has is great for the future of fighting games. Don't reward them for launching sub-par products at high prices. With how well Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Dragon Ball and of course Smash Bros are all still doing highlights the key problem.

That said, I fully expect the future "Super" version of the game to outsell the original version pretty damn quickly.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Game is now at 1.7 million, only a few hundred thousand off of Capcoms initial expectations for the games launch quarter, lol. I'm surprised it only moved 100k this quarter, hasn't there been new character and season DLC? Plus it's marked down to $29 pretty much everywhere around here it seems.

Dead Rising 4 selling like ass too. Capcom took a check from MicroSony for two established franchises and poopoo'd on them both.

It's a shame DR4 wasn't finished before November or its sales would have been better.

Proud to be a Californian.

I was pretty pissed when SFV released. I considered not buying it but I said to myself,"If I don't get it on day one, I won't be good at it when everybody else starts playing it."

After playing it, I was even more disappointed. I just didn't like the way it played. I wound up forgoing SFV entirely and bought Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4 even though I already had the game for Xbox 360. I showed them!!

Around the Network

I still laugh at the fact some gamers still believe SFV wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Sony. Well either way Sony got there fighting game for PS4 and I don't think many gamers really care for it. My Steam version reads 23mins played and I got that on Sale and its still a big waste of money. I wont be going back.
Lets move on to SF6 and forgot about this money hatted game. Tekken 7, MKX, KI and Smash are the fighting games to play this gen. (Hopefully Smash gets a Deluxe Switch Edition)

Azzanation said:
I still laugh at the fact some gamers still believe SFV wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Sony. Well either way Sony got there fighting game for PS4 and I don't think many gamers really care for it. My Steam version reads 23mins played and I got that on Sale and its still a big waste of money. I wont be going back.
Lets move on to SF6 and forgot about this money hatted game. Tekken 7, MKX, KI and Smash are the fighting games to play this gen. (Hopefully Smash gets a Deluxe Switch Edition)

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like Capcom's plan moving forward is to gouge loyal fans for every penny they can instead of offering a full experience with tons of content that would probably  increase overall sales.

Capcom got what it deserved with SFV. I've passed on it for $19.99 dozens of times. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I remember being excited at the prospect of not ever being a Super edition and everything being unlocked by playing the game. But of course they had to make the unlocks incredibly long to earn to gouge people into paying for them so in the end I might have preferred the SFIV model.

Signature goes here!

1.5 million units.....

There used to be a lot of talk on how Pokken Tournament Wii U was outpacing it. VGchartz has it at about 1.31 million, .19 million digital is hardly impossible.

Even then with DX......when Pikachu beats Ryu at his thing I think we have a problem

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?