By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remember when it was fine that SFV was launching incomplete because it was supposed to have great legs?

Tagged games:

The saving grace here is that Street Fighter can always re-release as a "Super" or "Ultra" version with improvements

Question is ... is Capcom really forced to keep it PS4 exclusive? If they can buy their way out of that, they could re-release a complete version on all platforms (and arcades! they literally missed the arcade version) and breathe some life back into this game.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I remember being excited at the prospect of not ever being a Super edition and everything being unlocked by playing the game. But of course they had to make the unlocks incredibly long to earn to gouge people into paying for them so in the end I might have preferred the SFIV model.

A mol iz di refue erger far der make

Pricing as of today:

$39.99 USD - Street Fighter V main game.

$19.99 USD - Season 1 Character Pass (eh?)

$12.99 USD - Original Soundtrack (uh...)

$29.99 USD - Season 2 Character Pass (wut?)

$29.99 USD - Original Characters Battle Costume 1 Pack (lol?)

$24.99 USD - Capcom Pro Tour 2017 Premier Pass (the fuck is this?)

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

KrspaceT said:
1.5 million units.....

There used to be a lot of talk on how Pokken Tournament Wii U was outpacing it. VGchartz has it at about 1.31 million, .19 million digital is hardly impossible.

Even then with DX......when Pikachu beats Ryu at his thing I think we have a problem

Thats on two popular platforms against an unpopular one. Let see if the Switch version closes it up.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I agree the pricing and release strategy was terrible but the game is gorgeous and I have a lot of fun with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Yeah, I was extremely disappointed by the game.

FunFan said:
Pricing as of today:

$39.99 USD - Street Fighter V main game.

$19.99 USD - Season 1 Character Pass (eh?)

$12.99 USD - Original Soundtrack (uh...)

$29.99 USD - Season 2 Character Pass (wut?)

$29.99 USD - Original Characters Battle Costume 1 Pack (lol?)

$24.99 USD - Capcom Pro Tour 2017 Premier Pass (the fuck is this?)

This reminds me of that Jimquisition episode where Jim contrasted crap like this that is actively sold to us as "games as a service" or platform vs Splatoon and Witcher 3, which actually WERE a service by providing free content and updates and even events either in preparation for or in place of paid DLC.  

It was never fine. Needed to have a solid arcade mode at launch still doesn't have one wtf?

Ya know what did Injustice 2, guess what I ended up buying over another one?

Nuvendil said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I remember being excited at the prospect of not ever being a Super edition and everything being unlocked by playing the game. But of course they had to make the unlocks incredibly long to earn to gouge people into paying for them so in the end I might have preferred the SFIV model.

A mol iz di refue erger far der make

Um... uh... right? I guess.

Signature goes here!

I'm fine with a game being released in a half finished state. Just don't charge me money for the rest of the game, or try to twist my arm over paying for a cheat code. That's why I bought Splatoon but skipped SFV.