By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 surpasses Halo 5 in global total sales

This thread needs a group hug!

"(**)/"

Bring it in!

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network

It's a bit of a silly comparison considering

1. Halo's decline as a system seller
2. Halo 5 isn't exactly a mainline Halo game
3. Install Base difference
4. Vgchartz don't seem too accurate in XBO game sales. Why I don't know.

It's a good achievement for UC4, but i doubt Uncharted 4 will ever outsell Halo 3 or 4.

Remember when we anticipated Halo 5 vs UC4 vs Breath of the Wild to all launch in the same year? Great times.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

foodfather said:

It's a good achievement for UC4, but i doubt Uncharted 4 will ever outsell Halo 3 or 4.

While it is a good achievement for UC4 to reach that number; that^^

Esp 3 and 4...

We know as a fact that Xbox One digital numbers are high and they are not taken into consideration and they are way bigger than what VGC is capturing.
Like mentionned multiple time just Bing about it if are still unaware of that :)

Also, it shows again how Sony's exclusives are not selling as much as Microsoft/Nintendo (esp. Nintendo actually) for a comparable user base. The install base is the double and it barely beats it (even with innacurate Xbox One numbers)

I think Halo 5 has a lot more digital sales than Uncharted 4 though.. And it's not that impressive since Uncharted 4 was kinda the big exclusive it seemed like for the ps4 which has 2x of a userbase

Around the Network

U can't honestly believe this sites sales data, it's always wrong. U also have uncharted 4 being bundled longer than halo 5 has been, uncharted 4 is a physical copy inside bundle . Where as halo 5 is digital. I still firmly believe halo 5 is over 6 million plus right now, closer to 7 million with physical and digital combined and uncharted 4 is over 5 million with digital I say.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Great news for UC4. Still need to play the game.

People are really believing Vgchartz numbers. Wow. Again 😂

Sharpryno said:
Halo 5 sold 5 million copies in the first 3 months of its launch...It's likely sold well over 6 million by now.
http://n4g.com/news/1917299/halo-5-sold-5-million-copies-in-3-months

Doesn't VGC not track digital sales or something? XBO gamers buy digital for most games.

According to what? I mean digital sales have increased but to say XBO gamers buy digital for most games is just incorrect physical games are still FAR ahead of digital.

foodfather said:

1. It truly has declinded

2. Halo 5 is definitely a mainline Halo game. It is just as yous aid the series has declined.

3. Install base difference while it can be taken in to account doesn't really mean anything look at Halo 3, or Splatoon, or say Mario kart.....all had less of an install base and still sold mor ethan both UC4 and Halo 5 so the install base thng while it matters it is not the end of all.

4. I agree the sales for both UC4 and Halo 5 actually seem to be off in my opinion.

Lastly I agree I do not think itUC4 will outsell Halo 3 but it does have a shot at Halo 4 if the legs are good enough.

Imaginedvl said:
foodfather said:

Esp 3 and 4...

We know as a fact that Xbox One digital numbers are high and they are not taken into consideration and they are way bigger than what VGC is capturing.
Like mentionned multiple time just Bing about it if are still unaware of that :)

Also, it shows again how Sony's exclusives are not selling as much as Microsoft/Nintendo (esp. Nintendo actually) for a comparable user base. The install base is the double and it barely beats it (even with innacurate Xbox One numbers)

Like I said to Foodfather #3 is not really that big of a deal to be honest. And with digital sales I agree they are to be taken into account but it is not like they account for 50%-60% of the sales....

For your last point it can also be said that MS doesn't really have many exclusives that sell that big and that Sony has more exclusives that sell better than MS(see Ryse, Forza and FH, Sunset Overdrive, Dear rising compared to say KZ:SF, Driveclub, Infamous:SS, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank) individual game wise. So the games are selling and sellling well just not as much as Nin not so much MS.

They all have games that sell well and some just sell better than others. But UC4 beating Halo 5 before this gen started and heck even after it started....no one would have thought that to be honest. So it is a good sign for the UC series even if Halo is in decline.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

Imaginedvl said:

Esp 3 and 4...

Like I said to Foodfather #3 is not really that big of a deal to be honest. And with digital sales I agree they are to be taken into account but it is not like they account for 50%-60% of the sales....

For your last point it can also be said that MS doesn't really have many exclusives that sell that big and that Sony has more exclusives that sell better than MS(see Ryse, Forza and FH, Sunset Overdrive, Dear rising compared to say KZ:SF, Driveclub, Infamous:SS, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank) individual game wise. So the games are selling and sellling well just not as much as Nin not so much MS.

They all have games that sell well and some just sell better than others. But UC4 beating Halo 5 before this gen started and heck even after it started....no one would have thought that to be honest. So it is a good sign for the UC series even if Halo is in decline.

Actually it may be as high as 50% and even if they are at 20/30% (more likely) it is a big difference and that's the point. For instance, the numbers shared by Microsoft for the first 3 weeks of Halo actually shows that. Saying that physical numbers are still FAR ahead is kinda coming out of your hat and I do not think any correlated numbers (from what MS is sharing) is leading to that conclusion.

I personally do not buy any physical game anymore and can say the same for the majority of my friends. Of course without official numbers we may not know but believing that those numbers are not significant is a mistake of yours imo.

Digital sales on Xbox One are big and we got a lot of indicators (including Microsoft annoucements about sales which differs greatly from what is usually captured with physical numbers).

As for your point about exclusives. Based on the user base (proportionnaly); Sony exclusives are just selling less than Microsoft and Nintendo; only exclusion would be Gran Turismo. That's just numbers :) Now I'm not arguing that all Microsoft exlusives are performing well or that Microsoft is comparable to Ninteod for that matter.