By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 surpasses Halo 5 in global total sales

Sharpryno said:
Halo 5 sold 5 million copies in the first 3 months of its launch...It's likely sold well over 6 million by now.
http://n4g.com/news/1917299/halo-5-sold-5-million-copies-in-3-months

Doesn't VGC not track digital sales or something? XBO gamers buy digital for most games.

You say that as if PS4 doesnt sell a shit ton of digital copies as well. There could be a higher digital attach rate on XB1, but the difference would be extremely small, like maybe by 2-3%. Point is, Uncharted 4 outsold Halo 5. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
gatito said:
Rafie said:

It's ONLY because of Halo's massive decline? Not in addition of the merits of Uncharted 4? Hmmm....

Sales wise? The Uncharted series was never a big seller anyway, go ahead and check the numbers.

I don't get that. Uncharted definitely has sold well. I'm not sure if it sold to YOUR standards in comparison to Halo, but it certainly sold well. Now you're talking about Halo as a series in comparison to Uncharted as a series. We are only talking about Halo 5 sales vs Uncharted 4. Everyone already knows Halo as a series has sold extremely well and Uncharted as a series isn't close to Halo's numbers.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

both have mediocre sales in my opinion. I mean, the sales are GREAT, but this is some skyward sword level shit, ps fans should be buying uncharted and xbox fans should be buying halo,

It's funny when someone pretends that digital sales will increase only the numbers of Halo. Sony must be an always offline console them... and on the bundle, even if it's digital code it is counted as sw sale by vgc.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

onionberry said:
both have mediocre sales in my opinion. I mean, the sales are GREAT, but this is some skyward sword level shit, ps fans should be buying uncharted and xbox fans should be buying halo,

So are the sales mediocre or are they great! Onion you are confusing me! LOL.....but I do agree people need tobe buying these 2 games...both are very good games!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

According to what? I mean digital sales have increased but to say XBO gamers buy digital for most games is just incorrect physical games are still FAR ahead of digital.

I guess I do not have actual data as companies are stingy with digital sales totals.  But there are just so many pros to it if its a game like halo5, a game most don't trade in.  
5 million in first 3 months is pretty massive.   Halo 5 has been out for a year tomorrow, 10/27.  Imagine how much its sold the other 9 months.  Halo 5 i'd bet money is over 7 million sold.  

Yet we already have posters showing Halo 5 is selling used for less than 15 and is cheaper than Halo MCC. So much for "most don't trade in'' that you don't have any source.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TheBlackNaruto said:
onionberry said:

So are the sales mediocre or are they great! Onion you are confusing me! LOL.....but I do agree people need tobe buying these 2 games...both are very good games!

sales are great but these are the best games on those consoles, so it's mediocre because they need more salesss.... complex I know :P

onionberry said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

sales are great but these are the best games on those consoles, so it's mediocre because they need more salesss.... complex I know :P

I think UC4 is the best game on PS4 right now close tie would be bloodborne for me but I think Gears 4, KI with the release of season 3 and FH3 on XB1 are all better games than Halo 5 lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
onionberry said:

I think UC4 is the best game on PS4 right now close tie would be bloodborne for me but I think Gears 4, KI with the release of season 3 and FH3 on XB1 are all better games than Halo 5 lol.

I guess that I'm biased, Halo is my favorite ms franchise

halo dev said it sold over 5 mil in as of January 2016. vgchartz wayyy off