By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 surpasses Halo 5 in global total sales

Rafie said:
gatito said:
This is only because of Halo's massive decline.

It's ONLY because of Halo's massive decline? Not in addition of the merits of Uncharted 4? Hmmm....

Sales wise? The Uncharted series was never a big seller anyway, go ahead and check the numbers.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Kerotan said:

Uncharted 4 is way ahead launch aligned. 

Yeah it will eventually surpass it, but the fact that is still above both being totally new on such a tiny userbase is really an impressive achievement, imagine if the userbase was big.

Yeah splatoon is a massive success and so is uncharted 4.

lol digital sales aren't anywhere near 50%. But I am pretty sure Halo 5 has more digital sales than Uncharted 4. Uncharted 4 is now bundled with the PS4 Slim (as predicted since both U2 and U3 were also bundled in similar way) so sales will further increase but the comparison with Halo 5 becomes irrelevant.

gatito said:
Rafie said:

It's ONLY because of Halo's massive decline? Not in addition of the merits of Uncharted 4? Hmmm....

Sales wise? The Uncharted series was never a big seller anyway, go ahead and check the numbers.

?

Sharpryno said:
Halo 5 sold 5 million copies in the first 3 months of its launch...It's likely sold well over 6 million by now.
http://n4g.com/news/1917299/halo-5-sold-5-million-copies-in-3-months

Doesn't VGC not track digital sales or something? XBO gamers buy digital for most games.

VGChartz doesn't track digital sales, sadly.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
gatito said:
Rafie said:

So the number show they average about 6-7 million a game.....is that small?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Sharpryno said:
Halo 5 sold 5 million copies in the first 3 months of its launch...It's likely sold well over 6 million by now.
http://n4g.com/news/1917299/halo-5-sold-5-million-copies-in-3-months

Doesn't VGC not track digital sales or something? XBO gamers buy digital for most games.

According to what? I mean digital sales have increased but to say XBO gamers buy digital for most games is just incorrect physical games are still FAR ahead of digital.

I guess I do not have actual data as companies are stingy with digital sales totals.  But there are just so many pros to it if its a game like halo5, a game most don't trade in.  
5 million in first 3 months is pretty massive.   Halo 5 has been out for a year tomorrow, 10/27.  Imagine how much its sold the other 9 months.  Halo 5 i'd bet money is over 7 million sold.  

What's even more impressive is that it did so with less than half the time on the market. Uncharted 4 is officially the best selling exclusive between PS4 and XB1.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I wonder if the Uncharted Collection helped introduced the series to newcomers which could have lead them to buy 4.

Imaginedvl said:

TheBlackNaruto said:

Like I said to Foodfather #3 is not really that big of a deal to be honest. And with digital sales I agree they are to be taken into account but it is not like they account for 50%-60% of the sales....

For your last point it can also be said that MS doesn't really have many exclusives that sell that big and that Sony has more exclusives that sell better than MS(see Ryse, Forza and FH, Sunset Overdrive, Dear rising compared to say KZ:SF, Driveclub, Infamous:SS, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank) individual game wise. So the games are selling and sellling well just not as much as Nin not so much MS.

They all have games that sell well and some just sell better than others. But UC4 beating Halo 5 before this gen started and heck even after it started....no one would have thought that to be honest. So it is a good sign for the UC series even if Halo is in decline.

Actually it may be as high as 50% and even if they are at 20/30% (more likely) it is a big difference and that's the point. For instance, the numbers shared by Microsoft for the first 3 weeks of Halo actually shows that. Saying that physical numbers are still FAR ahead is kinda coming out of your hat and I do not think any correlated numbers (from what MS is sharing) is leading to that conclusion.

I personally do not buy any physical game anymore and can say the same for the majority of my friends. Of course without official numbers we may not know but believing that those numbers are not significant is a mistake of yours imo.

Digital sales on Xbox One are big and we got a lot of indicators (including Microsoft annoucements about sales which differs greatly from what is usually captured with physical numbers).

As for your point about exclusives. Based on the user base (proportionnaly); Sony exclusives are just selling less than Microsoft and Nintendo; only exclusion would be Gran Turismo. That's just numbers :) Now I'm not arguing that all Microsoft exlusives are performing well or that Microsoft is comparable to Ninteod for that matter.

Well to be honest Ms is not really giving any numbers and from the information that we have even when Aqua gave us information back in the first NPD it was around 25-30% for digital maybe even 35% if I remember correctly. So that is still about 65-70% digital which is FAR behind physical which still makes up for most game sales on EVERY system.

Now I am not saying the numbers are not significant I am saying they are not as big as most are saying like for instance the person in this thread that said XBO games buy mostly digital yet physical game sales are still higher. And everything MS has been saying lately revolves around the number os uses online they haven't really said anything about sales of....well anything really prior to the last 3 NPDs. Now again 25-35% is an EXCELLENT number and shows the growth of digital and as I said both the Halo 5 and UC4 numbers seem off to me.

Last point yeah when it comes to exclusives Nin is still sitting on top of the world no one touches them lol! And you are also correct proportionally MS exclusives sell better but only a few not all of them which I know you didn't say I was just ssaying in general lol. Oha nd hey did you get Gears 4? I need people to play MP with asap! And some people who are really into KI as well!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23